QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrates experience in program management. Has credentials of an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or other certification in lactation management. (CLE, CLC). Has minimum of one year experience counseling breastfeeding women. Demonstrate ability to perform computer skills in specialized computer applications as needed.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Access to transportation in the Agency service area with valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
RESPONSIBLE TO: WIC Program Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE FOR: WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselors
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Manage and implement the WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Health Policy & Procedure.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Contact Human Resources
1. Assists in recruitment and interviewing of potential peer counselors in alignment with program policies.
2. Arranges for training of peer counselors.
3. Mentors new peer counselor during the first six months, providing routine follow-up and guidance.
4. Provides ongoing supervision.
5. Holds regular meetings with peer counselors.
6. Collects documentation records and data as appropriate.
7. Monitors the program.
8. Routinely reports on the program to the Supervisor.
9. Promotes personal, co-worker, customer, and visitor safety during work duties.
10. Maintains and protect customer, staff, and Agency confidentiality.
11. Adheres to Agency and professional acceptable standards, policies, and procedures.
12. Participates in Agency committees as requested.
13. Works to achieve and maintain quality and customer satisfaction in delivery of services to internal/external customers.
14. Demonstrates support of Agency mission and philosophy in delivery of services.
15. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
This Position Description covers only the Essential Functions for this position. The incumbent is expected to satisfactorily perform other related duties as assigned. All stated tasks are subject to possible reasonable accommodation with respect to statutorily protected individuals with disabilities.
Home Nursing Agency - 14 months ago