To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Supervises workers in multiple functions and/or shifts in the warehouse by performing the following duties.
Assist in presenting team strategy to others within the organization.
Assign projects within scope of responsibility.
May assist in recruiting, hiring, training, appraising, and coaching supervisor-level team members and providing disciplinary action.
Insure compliance with all Company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
Monitor progress of work units' goals and provide reports.
Promote an open door policy and team environment.
Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
Study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
Interpret specifications and job orders to workers and assign duties. Monitor worker performance.
Support the Company Performance Management Program (PMP).
Ensure compliance with employment laws.
Recommend measures to improve work methods.
Suggest changes to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
Facilitate resolution of work problems.
Coordinate activities with other department supervisors.
Perform activities of workers supervised.
Other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one year related experience or equivalent combination.
- Proven team leader.
- Negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experienced with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Familiar with WMS and RF.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 80 lbs.