The Health Care Assistant II a member of the nursing patient care team who obtains and demonstrates accountability to maintain Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) status. The Health Care Assistant II assists the patient in healing activities, under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The Health Care Assistant II assists the respiratory therapist, physical therapist, and occupational therapist in selected, delegated direct patient care activities. The Health Care Assistant II also helps with maintaining a safe, clean, and well-supplied nursing unit. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Current CPR Certification.
- Basic knowledge of care appropriate to age and developmental level of the patients served.
- Ability to set priorities and manage a high workload and to work independently.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of principles of infection control and standard precautions.
- Ability to perform physically demanding, repetitious movements.
- Proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capability to learn computer data entry.
- Constant mental alertness and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain concentration in an environment with varied interruptions and variable noise levels.
- Willingness to be open to new ideas, to develop new ideas, to be flexible, and to implement operational improvements across the unit.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 23 months ago