Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, is seeking applicants for the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This Athletic program is a member of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (KIAC) and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
This position will manage and operate the women’s basketball team while complying with all KIAC/NAIA regulations; coach and develop the women’s basketball program including but not limited to: recruiting, training, skill development, event scheduling, and preparing student athletes for competition.
• Develop all aspects of the women’s basketball program at IU East
• Recruit, train, and coach quality student athletes as members of the women’s basketball program
• Teach basketball playing skills to student athletes to enhance their playing ability and teamwork approach to athletics
• Plan and execute the schedule of all contests and practices in compliance with KIAC and NAIA regulations
• Monitor and facilitate compliance in NAIA athletic directives. Participate in due process procedures as needed
• Perform administrative tasks including the operation of the basketball program within the budgetary guidelines set forth by administration
• Monitor the academic progress of the student athletes involved in the Women’s Basketball Program and refer students to assistance as needed
• Develop opportunities for student athletes to participate in service activities to give back to the campus and the community and encourage participation in the NAIA Champions of Character programming
• Provide a quality competitive experience expected by a college athlete
• Support the academic achievement and personal growth of team members
• Report directly to the Athletic Director in any matters concerning the operation of the IU East women’s basketball program
• Obtain or maintain a CDL (passenger bus) license
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and mature conduct as the head of the program by representing IU East and the Athletic Department in a positive and professional manner at all times
• Work with Sports Information Director to develop and provide accurate information to maintain the Women’s Basketball program marketing and web page
• Assist in developing growth in the advertisement sales and sponsorships for Red Wolves Sports Network broadcasts and events; including print, production, commercials and signage
• Assist at all IU East home athletic events as assigned and perform other duties incidental to those described herein as assigned by the Athletic Director
• A Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Publisher) and web applications
• 2 years collegiate coaching and/or collegiate basketball playing experience
• Excellent communication skills
• CDL license or ability to earn and maintain CDL license.
This full time exempt position has a salary range of $38,000 - $ 40,000 along with the full Indiana University benefit program.
A resume with three professional references, along with a letter of interest will be accepted through February 28, 2013 at https://jobs.iu.edu
More information on IU East athletics is located at www.iueredwolves.com
Indiana University - 22 months ago