Generally responsible to Hargrove and the client for performing all aspects for project management of moderately complex engineering/project assignments in a safe manner. This work will be performed under minimal supervision. Will be knowledgeable of the Hargrove project execution procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Efficiently manage promotional projects minimizing the cost to Hargrove by working with the Engineering Resource Leaders to accurately estimate Professional Services man hours to complete the project while achieving the objectives.
• Responsible for successfully managing commercial contract(s) on one or more projects of various sizes, as required. Ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner, Project Change Notices are processed, monthly Office Earnings Report (OER) is reviewed in the time allotted, and the project(s) plan in Vision is current.
• Maintaining control of the project by tracking and maintaining discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and quality standards. Understanding and utilizing the project tools that are available for project control.
• Responsible for participating in development of all major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions on assigned projects.
• Becoming familiar with project scope, specifications, deliverables required by client, and design criteria upon assignment to a project and gaining Hargrove team alignment of schedule and budget in regard to deliverables required. Work with client team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly by championing the Project Change Notice process and promoting a positive Change Management culture.
• Lead the effort in building a productive Team both within Hargrove and with the client. Utilize rewards where applicable to recognize outstanding contributions.
• Coordinate resource requirements with other ongoing project work and insure all parties’ expectations are aligned.
• Planning and organizing the work of your team. Communicating the plan to your team, the project leadership team and the client. Aligning the expectations of all parties. Conduct weekly coordination meetings with the Team.
• Maintain timely and accurate reporting including weekly and monthly reports utilizing a comprehensive action item list.
• Reviewing engineering documents, vendor submittals, fabrication drawings and other construction submittals for compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, good engineering practice, and project objectives. Project Manager is responsible for ensuring all documentation is reviewed and checked against vendor submittals, specifications, interdiscipline, etc. regardless of resource location.
• Ensure that standard project work processes are followed by all team members through all phases of engineering, procurement, and construction.
• Regularly interview discipline leads to maintain up-to-date progress against man hour expended analysis. Project Manager is responsible for overall financial health of each project with the respective discipline leads being responsible for producing the required deliverables within the given budget.
• Assess the performance of the project team members through the course of the project, and work with resource leadership to organize a qualified and motivated project team.
• Ensure project documentation is properly reviewed and approved by the client.
• Provide Construction Phase Support, start-up assistance, and response to Requests for Information, as needed.
• Responsible for managing timeliness of client team decision making and package approval.
• Promoting continuing positive relations with the client building on long term relationships that continue to add additional services.
• Successfully complete project closeout as required by the client.
• Effectively and proactively manage the client at all stages of the project .
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering from an accredited university is preferred.
• Professional Engineering registration is preferred and will be pursued. Other certification such as PMP may be substituted for PE, with approval.
• This position requires up to 10 years of relevant experience in engineering and project management.
• Knowledge and application of company engineering standards and project controls tools.
• Ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb ladders or perform duties utilizing a safety harness.
• Ability to perform duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a fire-retardant jumpsuit, safety glasses, ear plugs and/or hard hat.
• Ability to lift and carry in excess of 20 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors - 8 months ago