full benefit package
Performs high quality diagnostic sonographic procedures while providing excellent patient care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Treats patients and customers with courtesy and respect.
- Checks referral for appropriate and complete study. Calls referring physician when in doubt or with questions as necessary.
- Assures room is ready prior to the patient entering the room (i.e. Equipment is operable and all supplies are readily available).
- Understands and uses the scales, field of view, gain, voltage, amps and other adjustments and factors on the equipment in order to produce high quality images.
- Checks and documents patient histories and has patient sign waiver, if necessary.
- Administers oral, rectal, and IV contrast as dictated by study.
- Consults with Radiologist when necessary to determine appropriate scanning procedure.
- Puts patients at ease by explaining the procedure and responding to their questions/requests in a professional manner.
- Chooses appropriate transducer frequency to maximize both image quality and acoustic penetration.
- Utilizes basic ultrasound physics to produce high quality images and accurately detect pathology.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of normal cross-sectional sonographic anatomy and documents on film.
- Recognizes and documents abnormalities, pathology and/or fetal anomalies.
- Obtains correct and appropriate sonographic measurements for both normal and abnormal structures (i.e. fetal measurements, ovarian/uterine measurements, cyst/mass measurements).
- Performs Obstetrics/Gynecological, abdominal, small parts and transvaginal exams. May perform doppler, transrectal and assist with invasive exams.
- Keeps acoustic power within acceptable limits when performing sonography.
- Inquires about menstrual status and possibility of pregnancy; documents such.
- Completes sonographic procedures in a timely fashion to avoid unnecessary exposure to patient and/or fetus.
- Handles delicate situations (fetal demise, cancerous pathology, etc.) in a supportive and empathetic manner (“good bedside manner”).
- Monitors patient’s well being during scan; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action.
- Keeps patient schedule and attempts to accommodate add-on patients when requested.
- Communicates delays or changes in the schedule to the appropriate person(s).
- Exercise sound judgment regarding image quality; determines when repeats are necessary.
- Releases patient with proper follow-up information.
- Practices universal medical precautions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Respect rights of family members that are accompanying the patient.
- Remains professional in all situations.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations, Radnet practices and generally accepted safety protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registered with the ARDMS
- Familiarity with and ability to use selected equipment.
- Ability to utilize the principles, theories, practices, techniques and methods of sonography in order to produce images of high diagnostic quality.
- Understands anatomy so as to direct the beam (or appropriate imaging source) in the most effective manner.
- Knowledgeable of appropriate studies to perform for the patient’s diagnosis.
- Demonstrates the ability to use proper screening methods of patients to avoid potential injury.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and appropriate fashion.
- Knowledge of patient positioning based on type of study.
- Ability to help lift patients onto table.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Radnet Inc - 3 years ago