The Kansas City, Missouri School District is recruiting for a full-time Network Engineer.
Responsibilities include: Administer and maintain the Corporate Local Area Network and provide support for Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN). Primary responsibility will be directed toward network services and infrastructure including servers, operating systems, software and associated equipment by providing proactive network support and troubleshooting analysis supporting TCP/IP and Network Protocols in a Microsoft environment. Will participate in the administration, support and maintenance of network security, the mission critical corporate email application and the training of the end users. Installs PCs and desktop applications. Completes hardware/software validation and testing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Mobility required to install equipment (computers and peripherals - approx. 50 pounds), between buildings and in and around desks in small places.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of four years experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience.
- MCSE 2003 or MCTS certification or current comparable certifications at an engineering level.
- Significant experience with local area network, TCP/IP, computer system hardware and software, DNS and DHCP.
- Must be able to utilize conventional Active Directory tools including scripting that supports user and computer environments.
- Must be skilled in the use of SMS, SCCM, MOM, SCOM, WSUS, Exchange Management Console and Power Shell.
- Experience in network systems analysis and maintaining network security.
- Understand data communication protocols and methodologies.
- Significant experience with e-mail systems, including MS Exchange 2007 or later (with MS Outlook).
- Experience, from a user’s perspective, of MS Outlook and MS Office Suite.
- PC operating system technical skills including: WinXP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and future operating systems.
- MCSA, MCSE or MCTS
- Strong interpersonal skills: possesses a customer satisfaction and customer-friendly mentality with the ability to train both inexperienced & experienced users in the use of technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally with all levels of internal users. Capable of creating operating procedures for review and approval by KCMSD personnel.
- Analytical / troubleshooting skills necessary to determine user needs and system requirements.
- Complete a variety of tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to work on a team.
APPLY ONLINE @ https://kcmsd.schoolrecruiter.net
Monster - 2 years ago