The Manager, Payment Services will provide leadership and guidance necessary to manage the corporate Accounts Payable, Cash and E-Commerce functions. Ensures payment of vendor invoices for all obligations, and cash payments received from customers of the Company are accurate and timely. Oversees E-Commerce solutions in all areas of payments and invoicing between suppliers and customers. Provides oversight and developmental support to a staff of 10-12 Accounts Payable Processors and Cash Application Specialists.
Manage and distribute the Cash and A/P workload among department staff.
Responsible for ensuring departments are staffed with well-trained and motivated employees. Provide timely performance management reviews.
Audit A/P functions to insure accurate matching of payments to receipt acknowledgements, accurate G/L coding, etc.
Oversee receipt of customer payments and ensure timely accurate posting.
Provide monthly accrual information and other support for month-end close activities.
Represent company in both vendor and customer negotiations.
Interact/communicate with branch management and other departments to identify and resolve issues.
Oversee enrollment and maintenance of electronic payments to suppliers.
Oversee enrollment and maintenance of electronic invoicing.
Coordinate check runs and determine need for manual checks and process accordingly.
Monitor productivity and processing time of staff and take corrective action as necessary.
Work with IT Department to leverage Data Warehouse capabilities.
Work with collections department on customer and branch issues.
Provide reports and analysis to management around processing time, discounts received, payments not matching purchase orders, charge-offs, credit card errors, reconciling bank errors, paper reduction and electronic invoicing, etc.
Develop productivity improvements and track progress.
Provide webinar, phone and email trainings on on-line applications including Recall and Vendor Portal.
Position requires periodic extended hours during the month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- A solid understanding of accounting principals and practices.
- Knowledge of computer systems and strong PC skills including Windows 2000, Excel, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills with open communications style.
- Leadership ability including coaching, managing, and mentoring others.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to ensure accuracy..
- Strong organizational skills, planning, and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Requires extensive face-to-face and telephone contact with others.
Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Requires walking, climbing, bending and reaching to shoulder level.
Requires repetitive hand movement, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in transaction based accounting environment.
- Experience supervising in accounts payable/cash and E-Commerce environment.
- Experience in construction or equipment rental industries is a plus.
NES Rentals - 2 years ago
NES Rentals Holdings, Inc. is an equipment rental industry. The Company specializes in renting aerial equipment to industrial and...