The Director of Client Services is responsible for establishing and ensuring a culture of service excellence for our financial advisors and their clients as delivered by the by service teams. We strive to ensure our interactions are not only solution oriented in nature, but go above and beyond our advisors expectations, uphold the highest of ethical standards and are specifically focused on serving each client’s unique financial needs. Achieving success in this role requires answering questions from a broad range of topics, follow-up on missing or inaccurate paperwork, and preparing documentation of all transactions and interactions with advisors. In addition, the Director will take escalations from Client Services Representatives, diffuse and work issues through to completion
The Client Services Department provides first line delivery of customer service to financial advisors in the field. The group responds to advisor and assistant inquiries from a broad range of topics including phone calls, e-mails, and online submissions. Providing excellent customer service is core to the group.
All responsibilities are generally performed on a daily basis, unless otherwise noted. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor and maintain all quality assurance standards for the customer service team. Recognize opportunities for training. Provide daily coaching on activities to assure quality standards are met.
• Supervise and coordinate all Client Service Specialists including productivity reporting, annual reviews, and interviewing new hire candidates.
• Monitor and maintain all phone setup (gating) relating to all Service and Consulting queues.
• Answering incoming phone calls and emails to provide expedient and accurate information to advisors and assistants regarding programs, platforms, documents, new account setup, transfer of assets, trading and commissions, etc.
• Serving as an educational resource by providing financial product knowledge and training on proper processes and procedures.
• Serving as a liaison between internal departments to resolve outstanding issues for advisors and assistants.
• Developing strategies to integrate excellence in customer service throughout the organization.
• BA/BS in Business, Finance or a related field preferred.
• Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66, and 24 required.
• 5+ years customer service experience in a high-energy call center financial environment.
• Proficient knowledge of equities, mutual funds, fixed income, variable annuities, and direct participation programs.
• Ability to work non-standard hours to accommodate time zone differences.
• Supervisory experience required.
• A positive and professional attitude in combination with a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
• A natural interest in helping and supporting others.
• Ability to communicate complicated financial investment concepts and strategies in a patient, clear and concise manner.
• Having personal accountability and willing to take ownership of issues to resolution.
• Strong analytical skills and initiative, with a high degree of organizational, relationship building, and presentation skills.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs independently in a fast paced environment.
• Strong technical skills, including expert proficiency in PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
• Ability to work independently while understanding the nuances of effective communication within a team environment.
1st Global was founded in 1992 by CPAs who believe that accounting, legal and financial professionals are uniquely qualified to add value to...