The Admitting Case Manager is the community Liaison networking with the medical community, including hospital-based case managers, discharge planners, physicians and insurance company case managers.
The Admitting Case Manager supports the admitting process with potential patients and their families through on-site visits and performs pre-admission patient evaluations. Therefore, knowledge of insurance, Medicare and medical reimbursement guidelines preferred.
Once admission to the hospital has been agreed to the Admitting Case Manager is responsible for communicating his or her approval to the admitting department.
- RN with 3 years acute experience and 2 years critical care.
- Current CA RN license
- Reliable and Viable Transportation
- Knowledge of insurance, Medicare and medical reimbursement guidelines preferred
- Experience as Pre-Admission/Admission liaison or Case Manager preferred
- Excellent communication skills
RN State of California (Hospital Credentials)
Managed Care Resources - 11 months ago