Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
This position will join our IT Technical Applications team in supporting the Oracle database systems and related Oracle based applications at F5. The primary responsibilities of this position are to ensure the availability, reliability, and maintenance of critical business applications and their underlying servers and databases.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle and application servers and associated jobs and processes.
- Monitor performance of Oracle servers using various performance tools.
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain configuration and disaster recovery documentation.
- Assist with database migrations, Oracle upgrades, and hardware implementations.
- Deploy Oracle stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
- Manage Oracle and application access and permissions for various environments.
- Assist development teams with Oracle and application server problem resolution.
- Research and resolve Oracle and application server issues as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Expert level understanding of Oracle server administration and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of data access configuration.
- Solid understanding of Oracle performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of network communications.
- Solid familiarity with UNIX, Linux, and Windows OS.
- Solid familiarity with remote server management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with RMAN, Dataguard and Oracle HA Solutions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Network Trace utilities.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Database backup methodologies.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies.
- Experience working with hosted solution providers a plus.
- Experience working with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12 a plus.
- Solid written & verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- College degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Technical certifications desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of Oracle database and Windows/LINUX experience
- Minimum 3 years of Oracle EBS database experience
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
While you may not know it, you’re likely using F5 solutions in some of your daily activities, including online banking, trading...