Production Supervisor II - Utilities
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Grain & Oilseed Supply Chain consists of 12 businesses that operate on an integrated global basis. We source, trade, process and distribute grain and oilseeds. The main bulk products handled are wheat, corn, oilseeds, barley and sorghum, as well as vegetable oils, meals and ethanol.
The Utilities Supervisor with Cargill Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain North America provides technical knowledge, operations experience, and management skills at a first line supervisory level in the daily direction and efficient performance of crush plant related activities/functions on a daily basis to attain short and long term GOSCNA facility objectives. This position will have direct responsibility for operation of the steam boilers and associated supporting unit operations, site steam and condensate distribution systems, site compressed air supply, cooling towers and cooling tower water systems, nitrogen systems, waster water pre-treatment, potable water systems. The role will interface with internal and external parties with issues related to all energy sources, energy efficiency, waste water, and other utilities at the Cargill Sidney facility. Operation of these areas includes safety, production, environmental, regulatory, cost and quality.
- Develop strategies for operations of assigned area to include technical optimization, equipment/system efficiency, performance and reliability. Focus on regulatory compliance and total cost reduction. Establish, implement and maintain area capital and operating budgets.
- Actively communicate with DSO and GOSC worldwide center of expertise to share knowledge about best practices in the energy, waster water, and utility areas. Actively communicate with site stakeholders to ensure utilities are supporting commercial/operational needs.
- Supervises production employees and has full human resource management responsibilities including hiring, scheduling, motivating, handling employee relations issues, and processing employee related paperwork.
- Develops and coaches employees through Cargill Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
- Ensures work team complies with Cargill, BU, and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
- Delegate's day-to-day direct supervision of operators and production activities to direct reports (i.e. crew leaders).
- Participates in daily production meetings.
- Plans and monitors production shutdowns.
- Contributes to and monitors annual plan for department as well as balanced scorecard and standards and goals.
- Ensures work is performed according to specifications and standards
- Uses lab analysis in making production adjustments and coordinates issues with technical services.
- Monitors parts inventory and operating supplies, ensures availability of consumable supplies, and provides communications to ensure the procurement of necessary supplies to maintain safe and efficient operations while monitoring purchase orders.
- Utilizes technical skills and operations experience to promote the identification and solution of workplace problems and recommends and implements operating efficiencies
- Develops, submits, and follows through with projects to meet budget and timeline.
- Develops a portion of the budget for the plant.
- Manages expenses and provides monthly budget report, including explanation of unusual items
- Troubleshoots causes of customer issues and collaborates with other functions as needed to provide efficient and effective resolution
- Manages Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within production area
- Oversees coordination of maintenance activities with respect to product planning
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical discipline OR 5+ years equivalent industrial experience
- Minimum two years (in addition to above) production management, engineering, or equivalent operations experience
- Demonstrated high level of technical skill in general utility related areas
- Ability to coach others for high performance and high engagement; motivates, inspires, and engages others to excel and work towards the vision
- Strong integrity and moral principles that are aligned with Cargill's Guiding Principles; consistently does what one says one will do
- Demonstrated respect, candor, and commitment
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Keen sense of priorities; sees what needs to be done, assesses degree of urgency and importance, and takes appropriate action
- Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills aligned with the Discuss, Decide, Champion behavioral capability
- Practical business acumen
- Relentless determination and courage to get things done; demonstrates tenacious and unrelenting drive for results
- Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong understanding of safety practices
- Ability to travel occasionally as required, typically less than 15% of time
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated high level of technical skill in coal fired steam generation
Cargill - 2 years ago
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...