Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co. L.P.A., is a growing firm recognized as the nation’s leading Creditors’ Rights law firm. Based in Cleveland, OH., WWR employs over 1,250 people and operates a network of offices in five states. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional legal collections services through a partnership based on integrity and respect for our clients, our employees, and the communities in which we service.
About the position:
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for Weltman, Weinberg and Reis in our Foreclosure Department, in our Fort Lauderdale office. The foreclosure team of WWR assists real estate secured lenders in successfully completing foreclosures, evictions and REO closings. We focus on the critical objectives of completing the process and producing a clear title to the real property in the minimum amount of time.
WWR handles a large volume of files and therefore we are intimately involved the foreclosure process. Our staff is effective in resolving obstacles to the process in both judicial and non-judicial states. We take a proactive approach to maximizing recovery through foreclosure or alternatives such as forbearance agreements, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, loan modifications, favorable settlements or consent judgments. We also have the ability to collect deficiency judgments.
We communicate with clients through various vehicles including Lenstar, direct connectivity and e-mail.
This position requires at least 2 years of solid experience. We are seeking someone that has proven experience in a high volume, fast paced work environment. Other duties:
- Assists attorney with management of routine case files.
- Prepares non-complex pleadings, documents, correspondence, and affidavits.
- Conducts basic research such as title searches, estate checks, asset location and skip tracing.
- Reviews files, mail, and standard legal documents.
- Contacts clients, debtors, attorneys, and courts for instructions and status updates.
- Negotiates payment arrangements and sale or return of assets/collateral for attorney/client approval.
- Processes and follows-up on post judgment executions.
- Files pleadings and documents with court clerk, as directed.
- Monitors hearing docket and schedules attorney coverage.
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge of office practices and procedures
2+ years office experience
Strong communication skills
Solid knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
Positive “can-do” attitude
Solid e-commerce experience
Benefits at WWR include: 16 days of paid time off, 7 paid holidays, Opportunity for; Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance. Plus flexible spending accounts for parking, dependent & health care. In addition, we offer Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability insurance. On the financial side are 401k and profit sharing plans. In-house training and development