1. Be informed on a daily basis on all in-house activities and groups and ensure that all staff members are also aware of all activities.
2. Schedule staff responsibilities for each shift and confirm that they are followed.
3. Ensure that all equipment functions properly and that adequate supplies are on hand.
4. Review FRAF (Future Rooms Availability Forecast) and use this information effectively in order to maximize room availability.
5. Verify that accurate room status counts are taken at the proper times ad that the information is relayed to those concerned.
6. Schedule and supervise the Front Desk staff and offer assistance whenever it is needed.
7. Improve relations/communications between the Front Desk and other departments in order to provide the highest level of guest service.
8. Assist the Training Manager and Front Office Manager in training new employees as well as helping to implement new procedures.
9. Counsel, evaluate and help staff members to reach their highest potential and level of job performance.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.
11. Complete the AM or PM manager’s checklist regarding assigned duties as well as any special projects related to improving the Front office operation.
12. Review all work done by cashiers and sign off on all allowances and paid-outs.
13. Review the following reports on a daily basis: rate variance, night audit exceptions, DNR listings, Housekeeping discrepancies, no-show and all in-house packages.
14. Oversee the setting up of the house as well as pre-registration of VIP’s.
15. Be knowledgeable of credit policies as well as all Front Office standard operating procedures.
16. Maintain continuous contact with hotel guests and club members to ensure that any problems or complaints are handled quickly, efficiently and courteously.
17. Ensure attendance of staff at required Responsible Vendors training.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager.
Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop or bend for duration of shift [at least (8) hours].
A minimum of one year Front Desk experience. Previous cash handling experience. Must have computer knowledge. High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to type 35 words per minute. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand, sit or stoop for duration of shift.