To retain and grow Government accounts for Cox Business. Sell complex bundled telephony, data, and video and internet bandwidth solutions to Federal, State and Local government agencies. Create solutions to meet customers¿ business communication needs, and manages the sales process through to completion to ensure customer satisfaction, expand the customer base, and meet corporate/regional revenue goals. Maintain on-going relationships and retains assigned base of existing customers by minimizing controllable churn and renewing contracts for existing customers.
1. Develops strategies to sell sophisticated telecom solutions to government clients in a regulated environment. Solutions involve complex voice, data, video and other assigned products. [Sales strategy]
2. Develops and maintains long range account management plans for successful penetration of existing and prospective government accounts. [Account plans]
3. Identifies new prospects and sales opportunities using multiple sources of sales leads.
Collects information about prospects¿ businesses and their needs, and meets with customers to assess needs and identify potential applications. [Prospecting]
4. Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process.
5. Provides project management oversight for all RFI¿s and RFP¿s for government entities.
6. Collaborates with Sales Engineers and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions for very large/complex customers; assesses ROI of solutions. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations. [Proposal development]
7. Makes face-to-face sales presentations to customer decision makers. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox and to educate and influence customers. [Sales presentation]
8. Negotiates pricing and products with new customers. Verifies that service pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level. [Contract negotiation]
9. Collaborates with Community Relations to creates and participate in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local/county/federal communities in order to network and develop and maintain Cox¿s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils. [Community relations]
10. Within assigned accounts, tracks and anticipates upcoming contracts slated for expiration and proactively monitors government funding opportunities to expand or renew the base (including grants, loans and special programs) and develops and implements a renewal plan.
11. Coordinates with local Cox Government Affairs, Cox Media, Community Relations,
CB-Government Account Manager job profile 5-9-11 2
Corporate Government Sales, and appropriate purchasing programs to maximize sales of Cox products and services. [Coordination]
12. Collaborates with Sales Manager and Director of Sales to develop forecasts, resolve issues, and identify opportunities to pursue. [Internal collaboration]
13. Documents all-government related activities. [Documentation]
14. Prepares and manages forecasts, win/loss metrics and sales pipeline reporting for accounts, and provides updates as required by management. [Forecasting]
15. Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Sales
Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer. [Implementation support]
16. Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose. [Prepares reports]
17. Keeps customer database (Optix/BID) up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers. [Customer records]
18. Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management. [Training and development]
Work Environment/Job Context
19. Works independently.
20. Uses own car for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel).
21. Long sell-cycle
22. Sells complex, high-value products and services
23. Most time is spent on customer consultation, sales plan development; little or no cold
calling in most locations.
24. Goal-driven, sales organization with pressure to grow revenue quickly.
25. Manages own schedule.
26. Spends majority of the week out of the office.
27. At the Cox offices, works in a cubicle at a desk.
29. Cox is perceived to be a good place to work.
30. Customers (Directors of IT/the CIO in individual Federal, State and Local agencies or legislative bodies)
31. Sales Manager
32. Local Cox Government Affairs
33. Corporate Government Sales
34. Representatives of political entities and purchasing programs
35. Network Operations
36. Sales Engineer
37. Sales Support Team
38. Order Entry Specialist
39. Director, Strategic Business Sales
40. Director, Strategic Business Sales
59. 3 years business-to-business consultative outside sales experience to Federal, State or Local Government agencies
60. High school diploma or GED equivalent
61. Valid driver¿s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
62. 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
63. 18 years of age or older
64. Eligibility to work in the U.S.
65. 7 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas
66. 5 years successful communications sales experience
67. 5 years government sales experience
68. Bachelor¿s degree related discipline
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications - 18 months ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...