IT Project Lead - Oracle HCM
Are you an action oriented leader who is passionate about supporting implementations of technology?
Are you curious and do you like to delve into solutions in Oracle HR applications?
Does working in a highly collaborative, fun environment sound appealing to you?
Do you like to challenge yourself and others? Do you see the world through your customers’, peers’, and partners’ eyes?
If you answered yes to the above questions, this is the position for you.
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for an experienced individual to manage critical Oracle Application software development projects and production support.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal project lead will work in partnership with developers, business analysts, project managers and end users to ensure successful delivery, implementation and production support of technology applications and processes. This individual will exercise leadership throughout the software development lifecycle and have management responsibilities.
- Responsible for incremental releases to the Human Resources Oracle Applications, as well as related applications and tools
- Develop and maintain work plans, estimates and schedules for multiple concurrent projects
- Manage multiple software development projects of varying size and scope
- Act as a coach to team members and assist them in their professional growth
- Develop monitoring process to ensure quality and overall Technology efforts
- Track and manage progress, scope and hours against project work plans
- Accountable for timely, complete and cost-effective delivery of system development, maintenance and deployment activities
- Manage resource allocations across projects with other Technology managers to effectively prioritize Technology resource efforts across the organization
- Regularly interact and collaborate with Technology management, supervisors and leads on project status, priority setting and resource allocations as well as department-wide efforts
- Prepare and present project status reports
- Identify critical path and manage task dependencies within project timeline
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- 5 years of progressive experience in a project management/lead role on medium to large scale Technology projects, preferably software development
- 3 years of leadership experience in effective team management with strong supervisory skills
- 3 years of experience leading and defining business, informational, functional and analytical requirements
- Proven experience leading integration efforts between applications
- Proven experience in project management, resource planning and time tracking software throughout the software development process
- Strong knowledge of an ERP application, preferably Oracle (HCM)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 19 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...