Employees at this level perform basic pharmaceutical duties. They work under direct supervision of Registered Pharmacist and may be managed by higher level Pharmacy Technicians.
Employees need to be reliable, energetic, and have a strong work ethic
- 1. Assist in preparing prescriptions by selecting the pharmaceutical or accessory from stock; counts, pours, reconstitutes or compounds, packages, and labels the product as required
- 2. Maintains, replenishes, and keeps up-to-date inventory of medications, accessories
- 3. Prices prescriptions and pharmaceutical accessories; performs cashiering functions, as required
- 4. Performs basic aseptic techniques and pharmaceutical calculations
- 5. Recognizes normal dose ranges and notifies appropriate staff
- 6. Read, interpret, and enter refills/new prescriptions
- 7. Adjudicate insurance claims
- 8. Answer phones/customer service
- 1. Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician
- 2. a) Successful completion of a six-month formal training program in technical, non-professional pharmaceutical procedures and practice
b) Six-month of work experience in technical, non-professional pharmaceutical procedures and practices
ResCare - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities....