As an employee of PNC Financial Services Group, you become part of an organization committed to customers, employees, investors, and the communities in which we do business. PNC is an established, growing and successful financial services company, with businesses organized around retail and commercial banking, asset management, and funds processing. Our branches are concentrated in thirteen states and the District of Columbia; additional offices are located nationwide and internationally. We are growing in size and through recent acquisitions have become the fifth largest bank by deposits in the US. We are also growing in reputation, as a leader in areas such as work/life family culture, "green" building design, frontier technology, and strong corporate social responsibility.
As a Business Systems Analyst Sr, you will under general direction, formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering technology possibilities and limitations, operating guidelines and desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. Guides and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts. Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Interacts with clients and service partners, both internal and external, to coordinate the development, analysis, testing, and implementation of requests for service and key business initiatives. Identifies and summarizes system and data considerations as business problems and project requirements are refined.
Utilizes planning and organizational skills to ensure the successful completion of projects to which they are assigned. Provides development, testing and implementation support for complex corporate initiatives. Applies functional expertise to facilitate the successful implementation and on-going support of new and existing systems.
The incumbent must also ensure their job responsibilities are performed in a manner consistent with corporate and technology risk management standards.
Responsible for acting as the interface between technology infrastructure and a specific LOB(s). Responsible for identifying business unit requirements, create process specifications, and coordinate with project teams. Responsible for ensuring that requirements as communicated by business specification are met.
Essential Functions - Critical Elements of the Job
Using technical system knowledge, reviews and analyzes complex systems and strategic project requests to determine operational, functional and administrative impact. Develops business requirements, defines critical success factors and establishes agreement on scope of the service request / project based upon a thorough understanding of the business process and the business problem/opportunity. The incumbent participates in the review and evaluation of alternative business / systems solutions and are expected to make a firm recommendation based on their investigation of alternatives. Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be designed. Devises logical procedures to solve manual and automated systems problems.
Analyzes the business needs and requirements of service partners during the implementation of complex new applications / enhancements. Under general guidance and in partnership with business unit service partners, the incumbent prepares, documents and reviews test cases directly with business service partners and technology partners to ensure appropriate business functionality is tested. Business service partners may be internal and / or external to PNC.
The incumbent also create test scripts, executes test plans, records the results and communicates outcome to business and technology partners to ensure high quality system implementations. Interprets and summarizes for review with service partners and team members. Assists in the coordination and completion of user acceptance testing. Represents the business needs and acts as an advocate for the interests of service partners during the implementation of new applications or system enhancements. May develop proprietary systems and or user storage.
The incumbent assists the project manager or their manager with the development of project plans for various business analysis activities (e.g., requirements gathering, system testing). Identifies and documents responsibilities of business community to ensure the successful completion of project efforts. Monitors business analysis activities and reports status to management. Provides guidance to less experienced team members to assist in the successful implementation of technology solutions. Provides input to ongoing issue identification and problem resolution. May have responsibility for instructing, directing, and checking the work of other BSA's.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelors degree (preferably in Business or Technology) Equivalent experience would be acceptable in lieu of educations.
- Typically 6-8 years of specific LOB or Technology experience.
- Advanced and expert level understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Experience and expertise allows BSA SR to understand the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Requires strong communication, facilitation and elicitation skills. Must have sound planning and organization skills.
- Advanced Facilitation techniques
- Advanced Planning and Estimating skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience utilizing various data analysis techniques
- A minimum of 3 years experience in validating requirements through the application of various quality assurance techniques
- Experience in managing multiple initiatives at the same time
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- CBAP Certified
- Experience utilizing Professional Practices with application as specified by the IIBA
Requirements Management and Communication
Solution Assessment and Validation
Ability to manage conflict
- Experience in writing requirements for Mainframe Technologies
- Experience performing stakeholder analysis
- Six Sigma Certified or experience in utilizing Six Sigma Techniques
- Experience in Business Process Modeling
- Experience in maintaining traceability of requirements throughout the project life cycle
- Experience in process development and process engineering/re-engineering
- Experience in utilizing various modeling techniques
- Proven Leadership capabilities and the ability to influence a diverse group of people
- Experience in working with system integration and conversions
- Experience in managing large scale change
- Advance interpersonal skills in terms of the following:
Ability to influence and negotiate
Team Building and Management
Ability to think creatively
Decision Making and Critical Thinking Skills
Problem Solving Skills
Exceptional Communication Skills
FINS.com - 2 years ago
For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America’s most respected banks, because we’re committed to helping customers and e...