GENERAL SUMMARY: This individual will work under the direction of the Administrative Director and the PI for the Men’s Health Unit.in the department of medicine. This individual will manager administrative task and the reception for all research subjects participating in our clinical studies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: o Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
o Main reception for all clinical studies in the Men’s Health Unit
o Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
o Coordinate calendar and schedules including: coordinate calendars for several managers or coordinates events for department.
o Proofread and edit manuscripts, perform library or literature searches, and help to create and edit presentation materials. Work with less direction with ability to create more advanced material.
o Helps to prepare and edit grant applications and other related materials with less direction and more applicable knowledge of the process.
o Perform transcription of dictated physician notes.
o Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
o Main point for supply purchases and PO requests
o Assist with special projects as directed.
o Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
o Other duties, as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Assist with preparation of grant applications and progress report for various sponsors in conjunction with the Administrative Director
2. Arrange travel arrangements and prepares follow-up reimbursement reports
3. Prepare, proofread and format materials for scientific presentations, manuscripts & course syllabi, including figure and slide design
4. Compose, proofread, and send correspondence including dictated materials
5. Act as a liaison between physicians, patients and clinic scheduling staff
6. Schedule meetings, appointments, and sends reminders to such events
7. Assist physicians with recredentialing as needed
8. Attend to general office tasks such as answering the telephone, ordering supplies, photocopying, faxing, equipment maintenance, mailing correspondence and lab shipments, scanning, filing, and resolution of computer problems
9. Work with Division Research Administrator and labs to coordinate orientations, on-boarding and training of new staff
10. Maintain updated Biosketches and CVs for Principal Investigators
11. Prepare paperwork for establishing, extending, transferring or terminating new and renewal appointments at both BWH and HMS for all non-faculty staff members
12. Research, prepare, review, submit, and monitor all visas sponsored within our division
13. Perform other general responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Level of education required: Bachelors degree preferred
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.Work experience required
Minimum two years applicable work experience required.
Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: Technical skills required:
• Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
• Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
• Phone skills: Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), handle more complex calls and give more detailed information.
• Verbal skills: Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
• Organization Skills: Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
• Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages. May respond directly on behalf of manager/provider without direction or instruction.
• System Skills: Ability to type and enter data effectively and at a more advanced level. Intermediate level computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications.
• Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology.
• Intermediate comprehension of billing and fiscal information.
• Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: Candidate must be able to make decisions, take initiative, and prioritize a workload to meet often times conflicting deadlines. Excellent verbal and written skills along with strong interpersonal skills are required. This position relies heavily on proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to learn new software, as needed. Attention to detail and accuracy in work are also critical to the success of this position.
An EEO, AA, VEVRAA Employer
Brigham and Women's Hospital - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
For over 150 years, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been the birthplace of legendary medicine. A merger of three of Harvard’s...