Our Mission: Stockman Bank is a Montana born company, built on western values,
focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise and results.
Our people, philosophy and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Bank as Montana’s premier financial center for business leaders, agriculture operators, commercial developers and real estate owners. We are a Montana-born company, built on western values, focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise and results. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Our workforce is well trained and competent and our work environment encourages productivity, personal growth and job satisfaction.
Position General Responsibilities
Process and approve Agriculture and Commercial loan requests. Inspection and verification of collateral and evaluation of operations through field inspections. Development of new business by expanding existing relationships and calling on potential customers. Cross sell Bank products. Represent the Bank in community activities.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
1. 3-5 years Ag Lending/Commercial experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
2. Experience in analyzing credit requests, collateral analysis, budget monitoring and obtaining and monitoring government guarantees.
3. Proven strong business development experience while maintaining, managing and increasing loan portfolio.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Farm/Ranch inspection experience.
Willingness to work in community projects.
Proven work ethic is a must.
Four year college level course study/degree in Finance, Business Accounting or Economics.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access or related software.
Demonstrated ability to provide information in concise verbal and written formats is essential for job success.
Must be a strong self starter, customer oriented, efficient and able to develop and present ideas to increase overall team productivity and Branch profitability.
Must be a team player, yet able to work without supervision.
Specific Skill Requirements:
1. Action Orientation-taking initiative to achieve desired results rather than passively waiting for direction.
2. Applied Learning Ability-understanding new information and complex ideas quickly and without confusion.
3. Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)-ability to communicate complex information in an easily-understandable format to audience of varied knowledge level.
4. Creative Problem Solving Ability-looking for solutions to achieve desired results.
5. Strong Interpersonal Skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
6. Professionalism-maintaining a professional attitude, image, and work ethic.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies
Interview existing and prospective loan customers.
Prepare, present and recommend loan requests for existing and first time customers. Complete file documentation requirements – debt service analysis, application and financial statement analysis, complete loan perfections, inspections/calls, etc..
Servicing of loan portfolio and monitoring of loan portfolio for compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
Become knowledgeable on current markets and market trends of agricultural commodities. Be knowledgeable about marketing alternatives for agricultural commodities using forward contracting or futures markets. Responsible for working knowledge of USDA Farm Program as well as crop insurance coverage available to local producers.
Keep current on the Farm Service Agency Direct and Guaranteed Loan Programs as well as Disaster Loan Programs.
Perform field inspections of existing and potential customers to verify the adequacy of collateral securing the credit as well as to evaluate the general management and condition of the operation.
New Business Development/Public Relations:
Service requests and call on present customers to maintain existing business and generate new business.
Identification and solicitation of prospective customers to generate new loan and deposit business.
Expand business relationships with existing customers and develop new business referral sources within the community.
Maintain knowledge of competitions products and prices and governmental agency programs and prices.
Participate in community events and organizations.
Maintain professional conduct and ethical standards as required within Bank guidelines.
Assist in hiring, training, scheduling and supervising assigned branch personnel.
Assist in evaluating performance and conducting reviews of performance of branch direct reports.
Ensure that staff duties are performed in an effective and efficient manner.
Cross Sell Non-Credit Products:
Cross-selling of other Bank products to existing and prospective customers including but not limited to credit life, accident/disability insurance, credit cards, deferred payment contracts and other fee income services.
Take part in an active referral program to Stockman Investment Services and Stockman Insurance.
Identify problem or potential problem credits, recommend and complete work out plans.
Service delinquent accounts to include working with legal counsel and handling workout efforts, foreclosures and sales.
Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Contribute to a harmonious relationship with other employees to provide and maintain the best possible work environment.
Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Company Functions and Expectation
Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner. Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual’s position. Has the ability to analyze situation and react accordingly.
Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors. Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Communication is effective and efficient.
Establishes priorities, sets goals and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner. Organizes overall workflow and working area. Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions and notifies affected personnel. Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met. Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed. Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner. Works well in group environment and with supervisor.
Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
Customer Service Culture
Employees will strive for outstanding, professional and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility.
Physical and Mental Demands
(The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift Frequently = 34-66% of shift Constantly = 67-100% of shift
1. Constantly required to hear, write and read. The employee is constantly involved in social interactions which frequently require oral communications and frequently require written communications. Reasoning and judgment are constantly used/required on the job.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Frequently required to sit, talk, reach with hands and arms, use hands to ginger, handle or feel objects and keyboard. Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Frequently maintains attentiveness duration and attentiveness intensity. The employee frequently has co-worker support. Mathematics, memory, estimating and problem-solving are frequently used/required on the job.
4. Occasionally the employee must stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally required to drive a vehicle. The employee occasionally performs routine tasks. The employee occasionally has both guidance and reinforcement available.
5. Infrequently required to climb or balance.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Constantly works with others, around others, as well as with customers and the general public. The employee constantly works indoors and is constantly exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
3. Frequently the employee works extended hours and also frequently works around nose.
4. Occasionally the employee works alone.
5. Infrequently, the employee works outdoors or in confined areas.