0443-Social/Behavioral Sci Admin
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
Posted Rate of Pay
$17,680 annually (to be prorated at .50 FTE)
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Classified: Extended Temporary (6 months to 2 years position)
Departmental Contact Phone
Departmental Contact Email
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Review begins on (Continues until position filled)
Full Time/Part Time
Days and Schedule to be Worked
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Limited to current UA employees only
Documents required to be attached electronically with this application
Letter of Interest Resume
Documents that may be attached electronically or mailed directly to department per instructions below
Additional application instructions (include instructions for submission)
The Development Office for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences has an opening for a part-time Office Assistant. This position will assist the development officers and other staff in event planning, preparing mailings, processing and acknowledging gifts, and using development software (The Raiser's Edge) to perform a variety of tasks. Attention to detail and professional writing skills are important for this position. General office duties include using office equipment, maintaining office supplies, and assisting in other ways as assigned. Advice and assistance to resolve problems or irregularities are readily available from supervisor.
Hours to be worked per week are 20. Working on a few nights and weekends are required for event support.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position. For further details on this type of position at the University of Arizona, please click here .
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and dependents; access to campus and recreational activities; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Answers telephone and greets visitors giving general information in response to inquiries; delivers oral and written messages to unit members.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Files correspondence, memoranda, reports and other materials alphabetically, numerically or by other prescribed method.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers, calculators, personal computers, scanners or other equipment found in work unit.
- Utilizes Microsoft Office Software such as Word and Excel.
- Prepares mailings by performing mail merges, writing and printing letters, envelopes, and other items.
- Uses Raiser's Edge for queries, exports, mailings, events, gift processing, maintaining donor information and assisting other staff with these tasks.
- Completes or enters data to departmental forms, making routine calculations and checking information for accuracy.
- Processes documents or forms according to instructions.
- Delivers items to other offices or locations.
- Organizes and maintains front office (ie. clean up and organize supplies after events and meetings).
No prior experience required.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Skill in reading, writing, spelling and simple arithmetic.
- Knowledge of office telephone etiquette.
- Skill in basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Clerical and Office
Departmental Home Page