The Project Manager is expected to provide Hands-on Leadership to the account that he/she is assigned to. This position is responsible for profitable growth and customer retention, through improved operational efficiencies and the creation of a dynamic and effective organizational leadership. The Project Manager supervises and leads group of hourly employees in meeting the expectations of the customer as well as meeting the organizations standards. The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of high quality cleaning services to the Company’s customers. The Project Manager must be knowledgeable in the use of heavy duty janitorial machinery; stripping and waxing floors, moving and arranging furniture as specifically required by contract, power washing the exterior; snow removal of public walkways as prescribed by contract. Various Administration functions are required including but not limited to: recruitment, safety, employee and labor relations and administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of and ability to use and instruct employees on cleaning solutions and functions.
- Ability to stand or walk for 6-8 hours per shift.
- Knowledge and physical demands for any general cleaning functions, as needed to ensure all cleaning and service functions are completed to customer satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of MSDS requirements
- Provide superior customer service to Mall Management; provide timely and courteous responses in order to meet customer needs.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with the customer and Regional Manager.
- Hire, train and supervise janitorial staff
- Address complaints and resolve issues
- Enforce Company and Client policies and procedures
- Demonstrate good managerial judgment by conducting all aspects of supervision in a fair, firm, consistent and objective manner.
- Ensure Quality Control
- Conduct Safety Training
- Process Payroll in order to meet Pay Deadlines.
- Ensure all payroll processes are compliant with Company Policy as well as FLSA Guidelines, including but not limited to overtime regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and processing of timesheets and work with Corporate Payroll to resolve any inaccuracies or disputes.
- Distribute paychecks on a biweekly basis.
- Responsible for inventory control, including but not limited to: counting, tracking and ordering supplies.
- Update and maintain:
- MSDS Program, including location specific information
- Employee work schedules
- Employee files to include: attendance, performance, training and miscellaneous documentation.
- Have a working knowledge of budgets and contract specifications of account.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Various reporting requirements and other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Complete daily walk-around inspection and follow up with the customer to address any issues or concerns.
- Personnel Management, including but not limited to: proper written documentation, training and development.
- Ensure worksite is in compliance with all State and Federal Guidelines as well as all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills required, demonstrating competence in a rapidly changing, growth environment.
- Strong customer service focus is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to effectively influence others through positive, proactive communication style;
- Effective organization and planning skills;
- Leadership skills – positively impact customer and employee relations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making capabilities;
- Results-oriented, balancing a sense of urgency for immediate problems with proactive planning and problem identification;
- High energy level, willingness to confront the status quo, develop alternatives and justification;
- Able to effectively influence internal staff and customers by actively listening and responding to issues;
- Approachable and flexible; adaptable to changing business priorities;
- Willing and able to focus on operational details, when necessary;
- High personal standards of integrity; able to handle highly sensitive matters;
- Adept at dealing with all levels of management, possessing strong consultative and communication skills;
- Strong customer relations focus;
- Fluent in speaking, writing and interpreting Spanish, highly desirable .
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc)
PHYSICAL OR OTHER DEMANDS
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required; Spanish and/or Polish a plus.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic math proficiency; ability to read, interpret and manage budget.
- Computer – proficiency in computer use (Microsoft Office to include - Word, Excel, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- Must be able to manage the hiring process through the use of computer technology (Required)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Outlined in Job Essential Functions
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required; College Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Two years experience in a leadership/management role preferred.
The Millard Group, Inc - 22 months ago