Adaptive Learning Software Development Internship
Are you ready to disrupt education as we know it by building next-generation adaptive-learning platforms? Would you thrive on a team with a start-up feel but a global impact?
We have room for a creative, talented software development intern to join our Artificial Intelligence engineering team. This individual will be part of the team that is pioneering next-generation online learning by building data platforms that power Rosetta Stone's products. That may take the form of designing data architecture, writing and scaling up back-end services, or spinning up a Hadoop cluster to investigate the latest hypothesis.
We're a great team working out of our Harrisonburg, VA office in the Shenandoah Valley. We follow Agile software development and SCRUM methodology, cross-train with our teammates, and make smart use of pair programming. We like to try out new technologies ad approaches and to experiment and iterate in quick cycles. Our work is integral to Rosetta Stone products, to our company, and to our mission to deliver the best technology-based solutions for learning languages.
* Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or closely related field (or equivalent experience)
* Background in data structures and databases
* Experience building scalable data platforms
* Proficiency with MySQL or other relational databases and Hadoop,
MongoDB, or other NoSQL databases
* Mastery of at least one modern programming language
* Experience with technical communication and documentation
* Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
* Be self-directed but enjoy teamwork and collaboration
* Curiosity about and ability to learn new technologies and domains quickly
* Experience designing scalable data platforms
* Experience with Hadoop technologies such as MapReduce, HDFS
* Experience with NoSQL database like Cassandra, HBase
* Experience with Ruby programming
* Familiarity with machine learning, modeling, and analytics
* Intrigued by new educational models
* Affinity for human languages
About Rosetta Stone
Since 1992 Rosetta Stone has been changing the way the world learns languages. Our scalable, interactive language-learning solutions have been used by over 20,000 schools, 8,000 businesses, 9,000 government and non-profit organizations, and millions of learners in over 150 countries. With two decades of experience behind us, we are continuing to develop award-winning innovations that improve the lives of people and the operations of organizations every day. Our proprietary, proven method leverages interactive technologies to replicate the immersion environment in which people learn their first language.
Language Learning Solutions, Corporate Language Training, Speech Recognition, Education, Blended Learning, Digital Technology, Distance Learning, Professional Development, Virtual Learning, Multilingualism
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Rosetta Stone - 30+ days ago
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.
We approach languag...