Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA – 7 YEARS RUNNING!
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator at our Charleston, SC office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The Systems Administrator will provide solutions-based information technology services for the Department of Defense (DoD) through Systems Administration best practices. The System Administrator ensures that core services are running within the isolated development environment and available to the Scrumteams to enable them to properly do their jobs. The system administrator should stay engaged with the different scrum teams to ensure that the services and support that are needed are provided in a timely manner.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance
Required Skills & Experience
- Must achieve DoD 8570 Compliance within 90 days of employment (Security+, Linux+)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, or comparable experience.
- Install and configure one or more UNIX operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux), in a virtualized hardware environment (preferably VMware)
- Configure UNIX servers to use remote storage devices, such as SAN or NAS
- Monitor and manage UNIX servers in a virtualized hardware environment, including system backups and recovery
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor
- Bash scripting
- Configure and optimize UNIX servers to support Web application infrastructure software (Web Server, J2EE Application Server, database, etc.)
- Lock down the security of UNIX servers (configuration, security patches, host based firewalls, virus protection, etc.), preferably in accordance with DoD standards
- Perform system analysis and troubleshooting in a proactive manner
Desired Skills & Experience
- Produce accurate verbal and written descriptions of activities and issues
- Organize work activities to ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities
- Document system requirements, designs, and configurations
- Create estimates for system installations and maintenance
- Foster positive work relationships with customers, co-workers, and visitors
- Red Hat Linux Certification
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with Network Appliance (storage) Systems including NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FCP, and SAN protocols
- Basic knowledge of the following standards and components: XML, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, J2EE Application Server, Apache Web Server, SQL, relational database
- OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Server Application
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- Public Key Infrastructure
- VMware Fusion
- Experience working in an isolated network environment
- Cisco Wireless Access Points
- OpenLDAP/Open Directory
- Apache Directory Studio
- JBoss Application Server
- Sonatype Nexus
- Backup management
- STIG Knowledge
- Dell Hardware Knowledge
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients’ people and organizations. It is our company’s cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE’s success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients’ success.
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
- Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
- Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
- Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
- Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
Life Cycle Engineering - 20 months ago