Responsibilities for a Medical Director include:
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Conducts provider telephonic review and discussion, schedules on-site visits and shares tools, information and guidelines related to cost-effective health care delivery and quality of care
- Responsible for appropriate utilization management
- Clinical lead for healthcare affordability initiatives at the local market
- Oversee the HEDIS data collection process, CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) improvement, and drive Health Plan accreditation activities
- Support all clinical quality initiatives and peer review processes
- Effectively engage and bring understanding to our external constituents such as physicians, medical and specialty societies, hospitals and hospital associations, and state regulators
- Deliver the clinical value proposition focused on quality, affordability and service, in support of the sales and growth activities including conducting Broker/Client presentations and participating in customer consultations
- Responsible for identifying opportunities through participation in local medical expense committees or market reviews
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted license
- Board Certified in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty
- 5+ years clinical practice experience -Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with managed care
- 2+ years Quality Management experience
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...