GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
* Provide detailed and comprehensive planning and implementation of Right-sized manufacturing equipment and processes including: First Piece Inspection, DFMEA, PFMEA, Qualification, metrology systems / gauging and test equipment.
* Work with Design, Quality, Manufacturing to scope and define assigned processes.
*Develop and implement quality, data and test plans to ensure sustained control of Process Critical to Quality features (CTQ's.).
* Project-manage the scoping, definition and implementation of quality plans for strategic and operational programs.
* Lead advanced manufacturing quality engineering activities in support of New Product Introduction, Total Cost Out, and cash generation programs.
* Provide technical leadership & in-depth expertise to investigate, initiate and drive the development, procurement and implementation of equipment & processes for manufacturing.
* Lead Action Work Outs and Production Preparation Process (3P) to design and improve lean manufacturing processes, including; Right-sized equipment, Standard Work, Work Station Design and Layout and quality plans
* Use 3P to plan, specify, procure, certify and implement into production, high quality, cost effective, right-sized manufacturing processes, fixtures and equipment.
* Over 40% travel may be required.
* Significant experience in metrology / measurement systems.
* Proven leadership experience in the definition, design, implementation and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes.
* Significant relevant experience with manufacturing equipment and processes.
* Technical Degree (or equivalent experience.)
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Significant experience in manufacturing plant environment.
* Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto Cad and Outlook.
* Willing and able to travel for weeks at a time if necessary.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience using and programming a CMM.
* Experience interpreting data to solve manufacturing problems.
* Bachelors in Engineering preferred.
* Significant experience in implementing Lean process improvements in manufacturing operations.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program and the business.
* Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required.
* Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 15 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...