This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology division. The position is located at our West County office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides day-to-day/frontline supervision, coordination, and assignment functions for patient care staff and patient treatment.
1. Supervises nursing staff, including hire/fire responsibilities, performance appraisals, for subordinates, initiating disciplinary action
2. Coordinates patient services with physicians and staff to provide quality care in effective manner, conducting rounds to ensure quality of patient care delivery
3. Facilitates educational opportunities and quality improvement activities for staff to ensure compliance with medical school and regulatory guidelines
4. Assigns/coordinates activities and duties of staff, orienting new staff, and advising administration of conditions and performance issues
5. Provides direct patient care as needed, including development of patient care plans, administering medication, vitals, phlebotomy, monitoring IV therapies, and maintaining records in accordance with approved nursing techniques
6. Promotes/maintains good public relations with patients and families, acting as liaison between other departments
7. Provides appropriate counsel to patients/families explaining medications, procedures, and teaches care to ensure continuity of care and promote health care maintenance
8. Monitors supplies/equipment, ordering/repairing as required
Graduate of an accredited nursing program, plus a minimum of 2 years of related nursing experience
Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification
Market driven compensation based upon experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 22 months ago
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...