Operations Research Analyst, Senior-01129246
Conduct analysis, including cost-benefit analysis (C-BA) and analysis of alternatives (AoA) and perform duties in support of a large DoD training center. Develop life cycle cost estimates, benefit analyses, and financial analyses in support of a variety of studies. Execute cost-benefit studies in areas relating to Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leader, Personnel, and Facility (DOTMLPF) requirements. Provide in-house function for identification of relevant categories of benefits and costs, data sources, methods, analysis techniques, areas of application, and interpretation for policy guidance and procedures relating to cost and benefit analysis. Maintain responsibility for applying mathematical modeling and other operations research methods to develop cost estimates using various software tools, including Excel, ACEIT, and Price in support of cost-benefit analyses (C-BA) and trade studies. Review and analyze data, estimates, and reports, including system performance analyses, quantity estimates, acquisition program baselines, selected acquisition reports, and cost factors, such as installation, weapon system, and unit to ensure correct format, technical accuracy, trade-off considerations, and compliance with DA and OSD standards. Consult TRADOC staff elements and TRADOC schools and centers on matters relating to the conduct of cost-benefit analyses. This position is located in Ft. Sill, OK.
- 3+ years of experience with cost estimating and cost analysis procedures and methodologies in a government environment
- Experience with cost estimating methodologies and building cost models, including data collection, validation, and normalization techniques, learning curves, cost risk analysis, and estimating phasing
- Experience with developing spreadsheet and database models and reports
- Ability to perform analysis on complex data sets
- Secret clearance required
- BA or BS degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or Finance
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge with DoD budget and accounting principles
- Knowledge of software tools and languages, including Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), ACEIT, Crystal Ball, or SAS
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) Analysis
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation and to deal with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- MA or MS degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or Finance preferred
- SCEA Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Integrating the full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems, working by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/D/V.
Job : Defense Analysis
Primary Location : United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Booz Allen Hamilton
- 2 years ago - save job
At Booz Allen, we believe in vision and passion. Being part of something bigger than a company or job matters to our employees. When you our...