A community based provider who conducts social services in the home to families referred through the Oklahoma Children’s Services (OCS) contract with the Department of Human Services (DHS). The goal of the services is to maintain children in their own home or to reunify families after an out-of-home placement has occurred.
Office Based: Reports daily to assigned NorthCare office unless working in the field with or on behalf of an OCS family.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Conducts a multi-level family assessment, develops an intervention plan and provides an array of needed services. Provides parent-child visitation and family reunification services to families whose children are in state custody.
- Demonstrates the ability to teach and model skills from the Ecobehavioral (EB) Models in Health, Safety, and Planned Activity Training to facilitate the parent’s development of special skills or increase knowledge in the areas of parenting, home management, behavior management, and child development.
- Perform at least 2 home visits per month under the observation of the EB Ongoing Consultant/Trainer to demonstrate the implementation of the EB Models.
- Conducts services that are sensitive with respect to each family’s culture, ethnic origin, race, language, gender, age, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, mental and/or physical challenges. Provides services in a natural environment convenient to the family.
- Provides advocacy on behalf of families with schools and other agencies available in the community. Assists consumers in the pursuit of needed resources or services. Arranges for any follow-up services needed following the end of services.
- Demonstrates the ability to teach communication and negotiation skills, link and refer the families with needed community resources and supports.
- Works a 40 hour full-time schedule being available to families 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Evening and weekend hours will be required to accommodate the work schedule of each caregiver and school schedules of the children in the family when scheduling appointments.
- Utilize the outlook calendar to submit a weekly schedule to the supervisor which outlines scheduled appointments for the week. The schedule must include the consumer name and KK number, current address and telephone number. The CCM must notify the supervisor of any alterations to the schedule (cancellations, new appointments, missed appointments etc.).
- Spends at least 45% of work hours providing services to consumers. A minimum of 75% of these hours are to be providing services in the consumer’s home.
- Carry a cell phone at all times and must respond to all work related calls within 60 minutes of receiving a voice mail message and must read and respond to emails daily.
- Attends all agency and program required trainings with ongoing consultants, DHS staff meetings and program staff meetings as scheduled.
- Coordinates services in a professional manner when collaborating with other service providers in order to maintain good working relationships in the community.
- Completes documentation as established by the agency and OCS contract deadlines.
- Abides by the agency policy on confidentiality and at all times and respects the integrity and confidentiality of the family.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by supervisor and/or executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related human services field and one year of experience in a human services position. A Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of family systems, cultural and ethnic diversity, client engagement and community resources. Experience in assessment and intervention are desired.
- OKDHS reserves the right to review resumes, credentials and licenses of new and replacement staff.
- Provide three professional/personal references on letterhead
- Position requires in-state travel. Must have dependable transportation. Must possess and provide verification of valid driver’s license and must maintain and provide verification of current automobile liability insurance and uninsured motorist coverage.
- Must have and/or complete Core Level Co-Occurring Training and Trauma Informed Training via NetSmart University within 60 days of employment.
- Must display proficiency in the MS Word processing software and intermediate computer skills. Excellent written and oral skills are essential, along with strong organizational skills. Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and display effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Casual professional dress required.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb stairs and move about freely.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR, First Aid and CAPE certifications; or obtain within 30 days of employment with NorthCare. Must have current (within past year) TB test; or obtain within 30 days of employment with NorthCare.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively using the English language.
- Due to nature of contract, candidates & employees must report to NorthCare any current or prior confirmed record of child abuse as an adult. Any such confirmed record must be reviewed by the NorthCare Executive Team for hiring approval or, for current employees, continued employment with NorthCare.
- Every NorthCare employee is responsible for adhering to any and all laws, professional standards and ethical codes that applytohis/her job responsibilities.
North Care Center - 18 months ago