Kindle is the most wished for, the most gifted, and the #1 bestselling product across the millions of items we sell on Amazon. Amazon is looking for a smart, analytically-minded senior demand planner to join the Kindle team and help define the course of these revolutionary devices, including the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Fire HD. The Kindle team is looking for a motivated business futurist with principal responsibility for innovating demand estimates to support exciting new growth opportunities in the digital media segment. As we grow the Kindle business, accurate demand planning is critical to serving our customers. We need to have the product customers want, when they want it.
In this highly visible and critical role, the candidate will need the strategic ability to sketch a high-level vision for future developments in the digital media space, and the analytic acumen to translate that vision into communicable operating scenarios and demand projections. In addition to developing these forecasts, this person will work extensively with Amazon product management teams, marketing teams, technical teams, finance, inventory planning, and supply chain to help grow the business.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytics, statistics, judgment, and communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to clearly communicate appropriate triggers and actions.
- Develop new statistical predictive models to forecast Kindle demand, including pricing sensitivity models
- Maintain, update, and validate models with the latest internal and external information to improve accuracy of forecasting
- Work closely with retail account managers to drive consensus on demand forecasts based on channel partner capabilities
- Candidate must have to ability to clearly communicate and explain the demand models (inputs, outputs, rationale, gaps) and recommendations to senior management
- Make build recommendations based on forecasted demand scenarios
- Data analysis to validate business and model assumptions
- Data mining and analysis to uncover trends and correlations to better predict demand
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Business, Statistics or other related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of years of relevant work experience in demand planning, financial planning, market research, or related field, and 7-10 years professional experience (experience in technology or CPG industry preferred)
- Experience building, iterating, and validating predictive data models from scratch
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- MBA or advanced degree in economics, statistics, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
- Experience with analysis tools like SQL, SAS, R, and other similar statistical analysis tools
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...