Support Analyst (Job Number: 009860) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for providing second tier support to clients for technical issues involving applications or hardware in the field, region, or campus locations, ensuring the resolution per defined service level objectives. Handles problems that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 team members. Monitors systems and reacts to alerts and errors for servers, applications, and/or hardware serviced. Handles service requests of lower complexity. Troubleshoots incoming and open tickets of lower complexity consistent with defined operational objectives. Works collaboratively with team members and other IT Professionals to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties of lower complexities. Works under direct supervision. Responsibilities also include:
- Provides technology support in the following assigned area’s retail payment, merchandising, office and performance systems. Provides technical support to local/retail systems
- Resolves & monitors incidents for assigned technology area that cannot be resolved by Tier 1. Resolves & monitors alerts for assigned technology area that cannot be resolved by Tier 1. Resolves & monitors service requests resolution for assigned technology area that cannot be resolved by Tier 1.
- Has a basic understanding of Remedy, WIKI, Central Support Server usage to increase effectiveness of team support
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting and /or managing customer needs regarding the resolution of lower complexity technical issues.
- Learns to work effectively with all members of IT in a professional manner – upholding ESS and Walgreens values.
- May collaborate with the Problem Management team in root cause analysis of some incidents
- Available 24X7 as required by business need. May be asked to work non-business hour shifts including nights and weekend
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of IT experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of IT experience.
- Experience in systems support or a technical support role.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 1 year experience using ITIL
- Knowledge in Retail and Credit/Debit systems
- Knowledge of platform technologies such as LINUX, ORACLE, SQL or PL/SQL.
- Experience with SQL or PL/SQL to create and execute simple Database impacts.
Walgreens - 14 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...