Job Requisition Number 73064BR
Market Title Consumer Electronics Merchandiser
Primary Work Location Kentucky-Lexington
Position Status Part Time
Average Hours Per Week (Note: These hours are estimated and are subject to frequent increases/decreases due to business needs) 21-25
Store Number(s) Wave 3
Job Overview Calling all technology lovers! Do you get excited when a new consumer electronics product is released? Are you running to the store to get the latest and greatest gadget? If so, CROSSMARK wants you. We are looking for part time associates on our new Consumer Electronics Merchandiser team.
These associates will be responsible for multiple in-store functions including: compliance checks of planograms, building displays, product installation, and assisting consumers on product questions. You will also be responsible for sales, and building relationships with store managers and associates.
This work is typically performed Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm. On occasion some weekend work may be required. You will be visiting big-box retail stores with store visits lasting about 1 hour.
Technology is always changing. If you want to be the one who brings new consumer electronics to market, apply now!
Summary Merchandising, detailing, training and sales expert responsible for building store relationships, in-store merchandising and sales execution within the Consumer Electronics retail industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers’ Compensation Claims: You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
- Understands and is able to clearly communicate and teach store management and personnel on consumer electronics product features, benefits and connectivity.
- Understanding of the Consumer Electronics retail environment.
- In-store compliance checks and remedy of non-compliance.
- Communicating critical messages from sales and marketing to store personnel.
- Merchandising and detailing effectiveness of product displays and products.
- Building and enhancing store relationships through face to face interaction.
- Trains store personnel on product features, benefits and connectivity of all products.
- Assist consumers in product demos and sales.
- Routing, planning and scheduling calls to assigned locations.
- Accurately reports all completed retail tasks via the appropriate designated systems on the day the work is performed.
- Communicate effectively with store personnel regarding tasks, sales activities, promotions, and client/sales plan objectives
- Complete required training and certification programs.
- Use tablet or smartphone technology to transfer images, reporting and training information internally and externally.
- Engage every work day with CROSSMARK’S communication tools for the purpose of accurately planning, reporting, and reviewing work.
- Flexibility to participate in team scheduled tasks and clients work-withs.
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and to develop a professional working relationship with store management and associates to effectively meet company and client objectives.
- Insures proper maintenance on all company equipment.
- Follows company policies, procedures, and position responsibilities.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Additional Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Experience/Education: Experience in sales and/or merchandising in the Consumer Electronics Retail Industry. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Prior retail experience is preferred, but not required.
Physical Demands: The associate may be regularly required to:
Computer Skills: Proficient use of a Personal Computer and printer, and familiarity with Adobe, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk and hear
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and balance
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a regular basis, with occasional lifting of up to 60 pounds
- Significant time driving a vehicle may be required
Tools: Daily access to the worldwide web with the ability to meet system requirements, printer and phone. Associate must have access to reliable transportation. The reliable transportation must be able to transport you and task materials a minimum of forty miles from your home to execute a variety of work.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Work environment: Retail store environment with some travel. Some projects include early mornings (i.e. 4-5am), overnight travel, weekends or nights and holidays.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Welcome! You have found your way to career opportunities at CROSSMARK. As a leader in consumer goods sales and marketing, we are the home...