Under the general direction of the Executive Director or designee, the Educational Specialist II is responsible for the delivery of established mindfulness-based stress reduction programs, the development and delivery of an array of professional education and training programs for physicians, psychologists, nurses and other allied health professionals, and for conducting outreach and public service programs within and outside the Commonwealth.
- Teach basic Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), community/regional outreach, and corporate wellness programs
- Prepare curriculum and required class materials
- Conduct pre-program orientation sessions to establish suitability of individual referrals
- Conduct on-going communication and interviews with prospective training candidates, class participants, program participants health care provider teams, and administrative support staff
- Collaborate in the implementation and refinement of a Supervision model for an international constituency of health care professionals utilizing MBSR
- Maintain attendance and research data logs for program participations
- Attend national and regional meetings, lectures and seminars
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA in psychology, education, social work, counseling, health economics, holistic health, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Certified as an MBSR instructor.
- 3 years of experience delivering mindfulness-based stress reduction training with specific training and practice in mindfulness meditation, including extended, intensive silent meditation training retreats
- 1 years of experience teaching Hatha yoga
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, self motivate, and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with groups, patients, health professionals-in-training, health care providers, co-workers, and interpersonal relationships
- Visual acuity is required to read materials, make observations, write reports
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English
- Ability to travel to off-site locations