For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations , working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development , a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects . Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “ 100 Best Companies to Work For ".
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics or fuel for a tractor on the farm – the bottom line is the world needs oil. It is the one resource that has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group is an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. It is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional, and drive your own success. Are you ready?
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Process Lead Engineer Jobs - Spartanburg, SC
The challenge? Everyday products may look simple, but we know there is fascinating work being performed to create the items people take for granted on a daily basis. From plastics and petrochemicals to ensuring sustainability and protecting the environment, at CH2M Hill you will be the one element that helps our Clients remain competitive in the dynamic Chemicals market. Our Lead Process Engineer job will provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting projects that will challenge you and allow you to apply your talents, skills and experience. You should be a detail-oriented, self-motivated Chemical Engineer with at least 15 years of engineering design experience and a BS degree in Chemical Engineering.
Our Lead Process Engineers :
- Lead a team of Process Engineers on various small to medium projects
- On large projects, under direction of a Senior Process Group Leader, lead a team of Process Engineers within a design area
- During proposal phase, assist in developing process scope of work and process effort hour estimate
- Develop staffing plan and schedule to complete process work
- Manage to confirm process work is completed within Budget and Schedule
- Routinely provide an estimate to complete (ETC) for remaining work
- Exhibit good understanding of Department/Corp procedures and knowledge of applicable codes
- Participate in meetings with the client and project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems
- Coordinate process engineering reports, studies, calculations, P&IDs, equipment specifications and review/approval of vendor submittals
- Recognize unusual situations where standard procedures are not appropriate and coordinate with Process Department Manager to insure that alternate measures are followed
- Approve process deliverables, prior to formal issue
- Minimal or no supervision required
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Desire to concentrate on details
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum 15 years experience in Engineering Design
- Licensed Professional Engineeer
- Any combination of design experience in Specialty Chemicals, Polymers, BioIndustrial/BioFuels, Oil/Gas and/or Pharmaceutical
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 14 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...