The City of Saint Paul's Mayor's Office Director of Outreach is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to include all Saint Paul communities, neighborhoods and residents in city policy making.
Hourly rate: $19.23 - $21.63 per hour. (Part-time salary range: $25,000 to $40,000 annually). This position is FLSA exempt, part time and is budgeted at approximately 24 hours per week.
Reports to the Mayor's Office Chief of Staff.
- Two or more years of government experience.
- Bachelors degree in public policy, business administration, political science, or other related fields.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develops an outreach plan for the city and the Mayor
- Manages major city events, including the State of the City and Mayor's budget Address
- Maintains the database of city contacts and constituencies
- Supports the Director of Scheduling with briefing materials and advance work
- Plans and executes community events
- Advises the Mayor and staff on community relations
- Other duties as assigned
By Closing Date, you MUST:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 to:
Erin Dady, Chief of Staff