Under the direct supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant is responsible for caring for, treating and triaging appropriately, patient's medical, physical and psychosocial needs.
1. Within scope of practice, perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams and interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures to assist in formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan.
2. Order, collect and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies.
3. Provide needed procedures, including assisting in surgery and continually assess patient's needs and conduct appropriate follow up.
4. Performing procedures, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic procedures within scope of practice.
5. Order, prescribe and dispense medication and durable goods as allowed by state and within scope of practice.
6. Maintain required records and writes progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures.
6. Counsel the patient as to preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed medications and treatments.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here for details
EDUCATION: ' Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program required.
' Must be Board Certified by the AAPA.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: ' Minimum of one year Physician Assistant experience preferred.
' Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: ' Licensed to practice in the state as a Physician Assistant.
' Physician Assistant Certification
' Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
OTHER SKILLS: ' Effective verbal and written communication skills
' Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, other healthcare staff, and other departments
' Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality
' Basic computer skills
' Assist in Surgery, conducts hospital rounds, write orders and takes call with the Pediatric Surgeon.
' Provides pre and post-operative care for pediatric surgery patients.
PeaceHealth - 24 months ago
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...