In addition to being able to fully perform all of the UXO Technician I and UXO Technician II functions, UXO Technician III personnel may:
• Supervise and perform the onsite demilitarization of MEC and the handling of demolition materials
• Supervise the conduct of all onsite UXO-related operations
• Inspect and certify and/or verify MPPEH as safe or as to the explosive hazard it may present for transfer within the Department of Defense or release from DoD control per current policies and standard
• Prepare an explosives storage plan per all applicable guidance.
• Prepare required UXO munitions response actions and/or range maintenance administrative reports
• Prepare standard operating procedures for on-site munitions responses and/or for range clearance activities
• Assist in the preparation of risk and hazards analyses
• Conduct daily site safety briefings
• Responsible for executing all phases of work in accordance DoD guidance and policy, contractual requirements and ECC policies and requirements.
• Calibrate, as necessary, and maintain all field equipment, and report any failures or deficiencies of all assigned equipment to the SUXOS
• Coordinate daily site operations and activities with the SUXOS
• Serve as a Team Leader when called upon to manage a UXO team of less experienced technicians
• Plan, coordinate, and supervise explosives operations
• In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned to the incumbent of this position
• Ability to communicate in written and verbal formats
• Must be able to perform all principal accountabilities of UXO Tech I and II
• Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, and PDAs
• Divers conducting underwater detection and identification of munitions must have completed both the basic and the underwater portions of NAVSCOLEOD (or foreign equivalent) training.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER training, annual 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher training, and 8-hour OSHA Supervisor training
• Eight years of progressively responsible experience in EOD, UXO, range clearance and/or other munitions response operations
This position requires the following: a high school diploma and must be a graduate of US Naval EOD School, acceptable Allied Nation EOD school (Great Britain, Germany, Australia, Canada) or accredited UXO Technician Level I training program and with appropriate experience as required by Department of Defense Explosives Safety Board (DDESB) Technical Paper (TP) 18. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
• An Explosives Blaster’s License for multiple states
• A commercial Drivers License with HAZMAT endorsement
• Proficiency in operating a certain types mechanical equipment, such as dozer, back hoe, loader, track hoe, and gravel sifting plants
• 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Certification
• Experienced in sifting operations
• First Aid training
ECC - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard