Shopko has been providing name-brand & value apparel, home decor, family basics, and seasonal merchandise along with pharmacy and optometric services for over 50 years.
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with almost 18,000 teammates. We have over 300 stores in 21 states throughout the Midwest, Mountain, Pacific Northwest, and Southern regions. Shopko continues to grow, while still maintaining a hometown feel in our small to mid-sized city markets.
Recruiting great talent and building the Shopko team is essential to our continued growth strategy--and we know has a direct impact on business results. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, strategic, and passionate recruiting professional to lead a great team. The Director of Recruiting oversees recruiting functions across the company.
Strategy and Planning
• Develops strategic and operating plans for the full cycle recruiting and hiring process for corporate, store leadership, and retail health professional positions. Partners and ensures plans are aligned to overall business strategy.
• As part of the HR leadership team, assists in the development of HR strategy, plans, tools, and resources.
• Develops and maintains recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insight and drive decision making.
• Leads, coaches, and mentors corporate recruiters, sourcing and support team.
• Identifies internal and external talent. Directly recruits key positions and builds pipeline.
• Provides project leadership or direction on a broad variety of talent related and employment branding initiatives.
• Manages vendor, staffing agency, and 3rd party recruiter relationships.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, or related field.
• 8+ years Recruiting experience, including 3-5+ years’ experience leading and developing others in the recruiting function.
• Knowledge of current HR best practices in retail or similar industry.
• Business Oriented—brings strategic and contemporary approach to talent acquisition.
• Strong systems thinker who considers the entire talent cycle. Experience in designing and implementing recruiting programs, systems, and branding initiatives a plus.
• Ability to lead, motivate, coach, and build relationships in a diverse and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to establish long and short term plans while continuing to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, sourcing tools, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
• Ability to travel independently to support company objectives and personal development.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, & a comprehensive benefits package!
Individuals interested in this opportunity should submit a candidate profile at www.shopko.com/careers
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.
Shopko - 17 months ago
Rather than a national jack-of-all-retail trades, Shopko Stores concentrates on a select product range in small and rural areas of the US....