CLINICAL SPECIALIST (800-3971)
Based in Dallas, TX or Oklahoma City, OK (or within a 50 mile radius of the greater Dallas or Oklahoma City areas)
(Interventional Radiology Experience Required)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Provides clinical training to various groups such as Sales Representatives, Technical Teams, Merit employees, Cath lab and Radiology staff, and physicians on all Merit products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Provides clinical training to various groups such as Sales Representatives, Technical Teams, Merit employees, Cath lab and Radiology staff, and physicians on all Merit products.
- Answers clinical questions from doctors, technologists, nurses, sales representatives, other medical personnel, etc.
- Works with Sales Representatives in the field or customers to do evaluations and consultations or obtain complaint information.
- Follows up on previous product evaluations and conversions or complaints that require additional information.
- Establish relationships and builds confidence among lab staff, physicians, Sales Representatives, and customers.
- May ensure clinical details involving customer complaints are documented.
- May attend meetings to help determine which events/incidents require notification to regulatory authorities.
- Liaison between the lab/customers and Sales Representatives.
- May conduct assessment testing to ascertain the skill level and ability of those individuals being trained, and develop training curriculums and programs to improve knowledge, skill, and ability.
- Conducts ongoing staff training and provide clinical feedback to resolve customer related issues.
- Works in the field to support and train clinicians on the use of Merit products and to troubleshoot product related issues in the field.
- May assist with the roll out of new products, including educating the Sales Representatives on the features and benefits.
- Provides information on new technologies, procedures and changes in the medical device industry.
- May develop product training and procedural materials.
- May develop programs for labs to obtain CEU credits, in conjunction with an independent outside accredit firm.
- Works with the T.I.A. Department to improve existing products and the development of new products.
- May make presentations at Regional and National meetings regarding new products, procedures, and customer complaint requirements.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
? A minimum of five years of hands-on medical experience working in any of the following areas: Registered Nurse or Certified Technologist (specifically in the Interventional Radiology lab). Management experience preferred.
- Education and business experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
- Education and clinical experience equivalent to a Registered Nurse or Certified Interventional Radiology Technologist preferred.
- Medical product sales and sales training experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyze feedback in a training environment to develop strategies to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A thorough understanding of training and development techniques.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to understand complex issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate large programs.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Product training
- Skill assessment testing
- Training curriculum/program development
- Product trouble shooting
- Interpersonal communication skills
Infectious Control Risk Category I:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category I states employment and procedures that will require exposure.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
Please submit an application on our website www.merit.com under the ?Careers? tab.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.
Founded in 1987, Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is a worldwide company engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of proprietary...