Responsible for the investigation of potentially reportable incidents to the New York State Department of Health documentation of all related data and resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Coordinates the risk management program to meet the needs of the institution.
2. 2. Performs investigation of potentially reportable incident (s) to the New York State Department of Health.
3. Facilitates the peer review process and completion of corrected action plans (CAP) and regular monitoring of implementation.
4. 3. Prepares various incident summary reports; provides all required documentation for investigations, activities and resolutions related to the reported incident (s).
5. 4. Facilitates the peer review process and completion of corrected action plans (CAP) and regular monitoring of implementation.
6. 5. Identifies organizational risk through trend analysis of incidents, incident letters, reports etc.
7. 6. Prepares annual analytical summary of risk management annual and historical data and trends for presentation to Senior Management.
8. 7. Acts as a resource person by presenting relevant risk management issues for discussion and evaluation.
9. 8. Keeps abreast of appropriate regulatory requirements related to risk management.
10. 9. Responds to inquires regarding various reports and individual professional liability matters.
11. 10. Monitors the implementation of all corrected action plans.
12. 11. Maintains risk management information system database.
13. 12. Attends required meetings and participates on committees as required.
14. 13. Assists in developing educational programs to raise staff awareness to risk exposure and the impact on professional liability.
15. 14. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in science related or equivalent
3 years of responsible work experience in Risk Management
Database Applications- Intermediate
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Excellent problem and analytical skills
Effective conflict resolution skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - 21 months ago
Mount Sinai Medical Center