Maybe it was the first time you heard Run-DMC sing “My adidas”. Or maybe it was when you read about the adidas_1, the world’s first intelligent shoe that adjusts to each wearer’s needs. At some point, you fell in love with adidas, and now you want to inspire that passion for the brand in others.
As our Manager Development Apparel Training you’ll be expected to bring the same passion for performance, innovation and talent that you love about adidas when performing the tasks below.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage the product development process for assigned styles from seasonal kick off through to commercialization. Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to provide effective transition from brief/design through to development “buy-ready” commercialisation, on time, within the agreed margin parameter and at the required quality standards
- Communicate all necessary information to Marketing, Design, Suppliers and LO/OC to ensure the effective and efficient creation of outstanding product
- Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing. Review, validate and approve T1 costing information throughout the entire creation process. Ensure compliance to agreed standards. Negotiate with T1 as needed
- Manage handover from design to T1 to ensure that all information provided to T1 is complete. Manage T1 feedback to design and marketing and incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing product aesthetics
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry by T1 regarding AD/BOM, costing or other data as required at calendar milestones
- Evaluate all prototypes for compliance with AD, manages fit approval/size specification, approval of color, accessories and materials. Manage comments to T1
- Ensure that all materials and accessories as well as prototypes are tested and adhere to adidas quality, safety and A01 standards. Manage quality exceptions with senior management as needed
- If required, review size sets for accuracy of measurements and merchantability of complete size range including logo placement and fit. (LO/OC to approve size sets not requested/approved by CC after buy ready release)
- Review and sign off sealing sample with complete AD including all related documents prior to buy ready dates. Ensure full conformity to published policies to ensure a final legal AD for final product
- Researches innovation from market or supply chain as far as garment construction, pattern/fit, embellishment, trims. Work cross functionally with BOPS teams, aIT, Sourcing and T1/T2 to implement into product creation
- Design, Marketing and Brand Operations – Development, Materials, Costing. Pattern Maker
- T1 -Merchandising and Patternmaking
- LO/OC Merchandising, Technical Services and Costing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of wear and physical product testing
- Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Ability to fit a garment and comment to T1 on changes required
- Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as required
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of the respective vision and strategy for the brands. Ability to communicate to LO/OC/T1 the vision and strategy as well as success criteria needed from sourcing and T1 teams
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Domestic and International Travel as required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or University degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in garment/textile industry
adidas’ founder, Adi Dassler, was inspired by a single idea when he made his first shoes, at the age of just 20: to provide every athlete with the best footwear for his or her respective discipline. And 85 years later, we have almost 16,000 employees worldwide who put this same passion and commitment to innovation into each concept, component, process and product we produce.
Our mission is to be the leading sports brand in the world. At adidas we understand it takes a village to accomplish this mission. adidas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other protected status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. You may have heard us say “Impossible is Nothing” or “Celebrate Originality”; to us, these phrases are more than just words. If you share this same passion then apply today!
adidas Group - 15 months ago
Adidas strives to be the leading sports brand in the world – an ambitious yet realistic goal. One major lever to achieve this is the brand’s...