Genentech has an immediate need for a talented, driven Systems Administrator to join the 24x7 System Operations group located in Redwood City. Seeking an individual with diverse technical proficiency and excellent communication skills to support its Enterprise and high computing environments. Responsible for managing the daily operations and maintenance of the IT Infrastructure, and planning for its upgrades and future evolution. Will ensure that systems achieve a high level of performance, reliability with minimal downtime.
- Provide 24x7 support
- Deliver on daily operational tasks
- Serve as technical support on projects and ensure smooth transition between the design and development phases to the operations phase
- Provide Primary and Secondary support of environments
- Participate in projects to analyze new hardware and software or to implement new releases of computer hardware, operating systems, firmware, and program products
Experience and Skills Requirements
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate all or most of the following skills and traits:
- Current experience in Infrastructure and Enterprise environments
- Linux skills, Windows server and ESX/ESXi experience
- Knowledge and experience in hardware/server maintenance
- Working knowledge of NAS/SAN storage
- Strong skills are required in the following:
- Organizational/attention to detail
- Leadership/reliability and dependability
- Analytical/prioritization and troubleshooting skills
- Customer service mindset
Capable of working independently, effective at managing multiple tasks and projects, flexible and able to adapt quickly to new and changing situations
Experience with biotechnology/pharmaceutical computing environments a plus
Who you are
In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in
bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with networking, storage and database technologies
- Minimum 3 years supporting a mission-critical enterprise environment
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Roche - 15 months ago
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...