One Hope United is a social service child welfare agency that serves more than 15,000 children and their families in four states. Although there are countless child welfare agencies across the United States, very few organizations are able to offer the diverse array of prevention, intervention, and community-based programs and services available through OHU.
We are seeking an Assistant Director for our Child Development Center in Aurora, IL. We are offering a competitive salary and a complete benefits package, including health, dental and life insurance; significant paid time off.
- Assists site Director in the administration of the program and operation of a day care center within Agency objectives.
- Oversees and supervises the preschool educational program.
- Selects and trains staff for operational and service functions of the center, evaluate staff and make recommendations or deteminations regarding salary and other personnel actions.
- Works with divisional leadership team to plain and implement programs directives, and marketing strategies.
- Provides oversight of pre-school, kindergarten and school-age classroom.
- Demonstrates the highest investment in commitment to quality improvement practices in order to continuously improve the delivery of services to our clients/customers.
- Works with staff of the center and of the agency to insure proper handling of client’s needs assuming overall responsibility for the agency client relationship while the client is in center.
- Works closely with the Center Director to ensure efficient and smooth operation of the center.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com . Please indicate “Assistant Director – Aurora” in the subject line.
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to supervise effectively
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Strong knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices, licensing requirements and NAEYC criteria.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to mentor.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Post Date: January 18, 2013
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
One Hope United - 2 years ago
Since its inception, One Hope United’s purpose has been to care for children and to ensure they grow up in safe, loving environments....