Southwestern Energy Company is a rapidly growing, independent producer of domestic natural gas an important natural resource that helps fuel our nation’s economy while playing a critical role in America’s quest for energy independence. Southwestern Energy Company began operating in Arkansas 80 years ago. We now produce primarily natural gas from more than 1.5 million acres of land and have expanded our operations into Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Canada. We also engage in natural gas gathering and marketing activities in our core market areas in support of exploration and production activities. We are currently looking for a Drilling Optimization Engineer - SWN Operations Support Center for our office in Conway, AR.
* Responsible for performing real time analysis of multiple drilling rigs using surface and down hole date to optimize well construction performance.
* Focused on reducing non-productive time through the early detection of potential negative events.
* Works closely with the Drilling Superintendents, Well-Site Supervisors and Drilling Engineers.
* Works twelve (12) hours per day on an even time rotation (7 days on & 7 days off or 14 days on and 14 days off) in SWN's Conway, Arkansas office.
* Provides real time operational support to the Drilling Operations team.
* Has a good understanding of well anti-collision, drilling mechanics, borehole stability, stuck pipe, hole cleaning, torque & drag, 3-D trajectory planning and good oilfield practices.
* Analyzes surface and down hole data on multiple rigs using real-time software with the objective of optimizing the well construction performance and eliminating non-productive time.
* Provides real-time operational suport to the well site team.
* Independently identifies possible risks, problem situations, and borehole concerns and applies their skills to resolve the issues.
* Proactively engage the Well-Site Supervisor based upon their analysis of the real time data and intervene when an operation can be improved either to prevent a hazardous situation developing or to optimize drilling operations.
* Should have a good understanding of well anti-collision, drilling mechanics, borehole stability, stuck pipe, hole cleaning, torque & drag, and 3-D trajectory planning and good oilfield practices.
* Must develop expert-level knowledge of real time solutions software (yet to be defined).
* ROP optimization.
* Monitors Geosteering aspects of well & interface with Operations Geologist as required to ensure proper well placement.
* Coaches the well site and other personnel in the interpretation of surface and down hole data.
* Minimum three (3) years experience as MWD/LWD engineer, Directional Driller or Drilling Engineer.
* Bachelor Degree in sciences with Engineering and Geosciences preferred.
* Strong team player.
* Helpful attitude, support oriented.
* Strong planning and organizational ability.
* Strong communication skills (oral and written).
* Objective and impartial.
* Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
* Personally committed to continuous improvement.