U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance or be willing to undergo a Federal Government background investigation to secure the required clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON TASK ORDER AWARD**
Intelligent Decision is hiring in automated litigation support (ALS) encompassing a wide range of professional services and products that help attorneys acquire, organize, analyze, develop, and present evidence throughout the course of litigation, from pre-filing investigation, through complaint, discovery, and trial, through post-trial briefs and the appeals process. Through the use of professional litigation support services and advanced tools for litigation support, the litigating attorney can use evidence and information effectively to win lawsuits.
- The Network Analyst/Engineer functions as a high-level consultant to the COR and the litigation team with regard to major systems installations and requirements.
- Analyzes the system needs for especially large and complex litigation support requirements, and recommends overall hardware, software, and telecommunications solutions, taking into account the latest proven technologies, all appropriate DOJ and agency security and accessibility policies, regulations, and requirements, as well as end user needs, where the end users may range from attorneys and paralegals accessing a database over a LAN, or authorized users connecting remotely via a TCP/IP connection into a DOJ computer resource or a groupware/workflow system, to members of the public accessing via the internet.
- Identifies appropriate technologies, designs and implements overall system solutions, including procuring hardware, software, and communications devices, installing and integrating them, testing and troubleshooting, developing and delivering user training.
- Develops comprehensive system configuration documentation and documents procedures.
- Establishes and enforces appropriate system and data security measures, including firewalls and disaster recovery systems.
- Designs protocols for overall system operation and maintenance.
- Directs and manages the overall effort of a contractor team in accomplishing these tasks.
- Note that this is not a position for a junior level person who is a "certified engineer" for a particular product; requirements are at a much higher level.
- Contractor employees in this position are expected to research, design, and integrate innovative technical solutions to litigation support needs, not simply install proven configurations.
- Coordinates with the COR, Government Case Managers, and IT staff in performing all of these functions, as well as with Contractor staff at all appropriate levels.
- Reports on progress and provides system documentation.
- Demonstrated success in analyzing user requirements and delivering whole system solutions, including hands-on experience with procuring, installing, and integrating complex information systems.
- At least five years of directly applicable experience will generally be expected, including full cycle experience, from design through maintenance.
- Experience with litigation support environments extremely helpful, including experience with very large, image-enabled document databases.
- Must be very familiar with the current state of technology as applies to the systems environment.
- Must be familiar with current DOJ office automation systems.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with DOJ security and accessibility regulations.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; preferably in the computer science or information management/technology disciplines.
Intelligent Decisions - 4 months ago
Intelligent Decisions is a leading provider of information technology solutions. For over 18 years, we have helped our clients solve their m...