RevoluSun, one of the country's fastest growing solar companies, is hiring. RevoluSun is committed to creating cleaner, smarter solar communities, one rooftop at a time. In 2010 & 2011, the Honolulu StarAdvertiser awarded RevoluSun "Best of the Best in the categories of Best Solar Company and Best Green Company" being the only solar company to win in both categories. RevoluSun has been awarded numerous other accolades including:
Revolusun is the State’s leading renewable energy contractor. We are experiencing rapid growth and need to add an expert Solar PV Designer/Engineer to our dynamic team.
- The Public Relations Society of America, Hawaii Chapter award of excellence for integrated campaign in its company launch
- Hawaii Business magazine's SmallBiz Success Awards in the category of Best New Business
- Pacific Edge magazine's Best New Business Award
You will design Solar Photovoltaic systems for medium-to-large commercial and industrial grid-tied installations, utilizing and applying various available technologies as appropriate for the site-specific conditions and customer needs.
You must be a strong communicator, disciplined and detail oriented, with a strong knowledge basis in electrical theory and multiple power distribution voltages. You must also be a confident support resource for other team members in technical matters.
Minimum 3 years experience in the design or installation of solar PV systems. BSEE or other professional engineering degree is desired. Auto-CAD, Sketch Up, Revit and MS Office proficiency is required. Familiarity with NEC and other building codes. PVWATT or PVSYST familiarity. Solar Thermal design experience is a plus. PE license and/or NABCEP certification is preferred but not required. Other construction/electrical engineering design experience may be considered.
- Site survey and analysis
- Existing electrical load and energy consumption analysis and utility rate structure analysis
- Accurate system performance calculations
- Working with the project sales personnel on presentations and technical matters
- System proposal design and calculations
- 3D proposal design and modeling
- Synthesis of all necessary information to develop cost effective and readily deployable PV designs
- Design of monitoring systems
- Preparation of complete electrical, mechanical and structural design
- Ability to coordinate with other design disciplines and consultants
- Code compliance
- Preparation of detailed construction drawings, documentation and submittals
- Execute permitting requirements
- Execute utility connection requirements
- Generating system specifications and preparing bid documents.
- Building detailed bills of materials.
- Analyzing construction methodologies and cost structures.
- Interacting with and overseeing the work of subcontractors
- Troubleshoot design and construction issues in the field
- Manage design staff
- Strong knowledge of wide range of industry products and technologies
This is a full-time employee position for a highly motivated, positive, team-oriented individual. Please provide your resume and salary history for consideration.