Tredegar Film Products, a global manufacturer of top-tier polymer structures for personal care and packaging markets, is accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician at our Lake Zurich, Illinois facility.
Successful candidates, in addition to possessing the specific technical skill sets listed below, must also be self-starters, dependable, efficient and detail driven, have effective written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to apply new learnings.
Candidates should possess:
Competitive wages. Includes excellent benefits package.
- The ability to work nights and weekends, up to 12-hour shifts, following a period of training on day shift.
- The ability to take and pass a Multi-Craft Aptitude Test at our Lake Zurich facility, prior to receiving a formal offer of employment.
- A Safety oriented mind-set where safety is a conscious component of every decision you make and every task that you perform.
- A well-balanced electro/mechanical skill-set consisting of:
- The ability to service, repair, install, move, adjust, inspect and test machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate on the basis of electro/mechanical principles.
- The capacity to read and interpret ladder logic and electro/mechanical prints and the aptitude to solve general trigonometric and algebraic problems as they relate to day-to-day electro-mechanical tasks.
- Electro-Mechanical Troubleshooting Proficiency – The ability to determine causes of operating errors and the appropriate corrective actions.
- Competence with hand tools, power tools, measuring and gauging tools, fork trucks, lifts, hoists, cranes, rigging, welders, machine tools, and typical electrical test equipment.
- The ability to work independently or as member of a team – guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making Expertise – The ability to analyze information and utilize logic and reasoning when considering the relative strengths, weaknesses, costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose and execute the most appropriate course of action.
- A work ethic of thorough performance and regular attention to details in completing work tasks correctly the first time and in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exposure to CMMS systems; JD Edwards experience a plus.
- HS diploma with additional industrial/electrical training required. Minimum 3 years industrial experience, desirable 5+ years’ experience.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
or fax to: 847/540-7585 - Reference TFPMT
Monster - 11 months ago
Tredegar Film Products
Lake Zurich, IL
- 2 days ago