The Steward properly washes and stores all dishes, pots, pans, trays eating utensils, cups, and small equipment for the department as well as maintains the dish room and dish machine in a sanitary and efficient manner. This individual will also assist in the preparation of food items and perform basic culinary tasks. The Steward must perform tasks that support the kitchen and front of the house staff as necessary. They are responsible for demonstrating a commitment to customer service standards in all interactions.
- Washes dirty dishes, pots, pans and other equipment
- Stocks clean dishware, flatware, glassware, etc. as appropriate
- Performs basic culinary tasks such as slicing tomatoes, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen area
- Maintains storage of proper chemicals
- Cleans and polishes equipment as required
- Assists kitchen staff as necessary
- Ability to focus on task and see it through to completion.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Experience working in a restaurant or bar is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food safety awareness certification within 90 days of employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to strong odors and fluctuations in temperature. The noise level in the work environment may exceed the moderate threshold. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
Orange Lake Resorts - 18 months ago
One resort company likes orange lakes just as much as blue ones. Through a partnership with InterContinental Hotels Group, Orange Lake...