Alcoa is Has an exciting opportuunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work at the Alcoa Technical Center located in Alcoa Center (New Kensington) PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh. The Alcoa Technical Center (ATC) is Alcoa’s largest research, development, and applied engineering laboratory. Alcoa Technical Center occupies a 127-acre campus with an additional 2,019 acres of rolling countryside. This facility is the world’s largest light metals research and development center with a full range of lab capabilities, from bench-scale to full production-scale equipment. The facility has a diverse, multi-lingual workforce holding more than 100 doctorate and 200 master’s Degrees.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Central Engineering Manager and is responsible to identify and develop innovative solutions to problems of a conceptual nature involving the modification of site and research facilities, and the installation of new and relocated equipment; including functional performance. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide engineering support as the subject matter expert for HVAC and Comustion projects.
- Conducts engineering studies of alternative equipment, materials, and procedures and recommends the selection of same, to best meet the major projects involving the project objectives.
- Facilitates breakdown report meetings and provides the problem solving skills to ensure the effective resolution of repetitive failures utilizing reliability based techniques.
- Specifies design criteria for proposed new installations.
- Provides cost estimates and engineering proposals for projects which are being considered and provides engineering support to Maintenance and operation of plant facilities.
- Prepares requests for authorization, purchase requisitions, and specifications for purchase and installation of new facilities and major R&D installations.
- Develops project scopes and project execution plans.
- Implements the design, installation, and start-up of assigned projects within the framework of the required schedule and authorized expenditure.
- Directs the activities of designers, shop personnel, and outside contractors during field construction and Resolves start-up and operating problems.
- Accountable for completion of individual projects, establishing project plan in consultation with supervisor.
- May provide functional guidance to technicians and/or less experienced engineers/scientists
- Some Alcoa Technical Center (ATC) products and technical information are subject to U.S. export control laws. Applicants for this position will be required to submit information regarding work authorization status to enable ATC to comply with those laws.
- This position is being posted at a range of job grades (16/17). Job grade will be dependent on education and experience level of incumbent
ALCOA - 22 months ago
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...