Job Category: Information Systems
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
This position applies extensive operational, technical, project management, and high leadership skills to deliver key Enterprise IT initiatives in support of the CVS Caremark pharmacy benefit management and retail pharmacy business units. The position plays a strategic role in driving high quality practices and standards and the successful implementation of programs, projects and processes to the enterprise and operational environments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and execution of complex enterprise wide IT programs and key projects. The position will support, collaborate and partner with Senior IT Leadership, Business Units, IT Program Office, and Technology teams to ensure alignment of project scope, business objectives, demand for IT services and Global IT initiatives. The successful candidate will possess broad business acumen, have outstanding partnership management and communications skills, with the ability to influence across the enterprise.
• Planning, organizing, directing and tracking of all aspects of Enterprise IT programs and projects
• Defines processes to capture future demand for IT services from the business (clinical, sales, marketing, finance) to deepen the enterprise understanding of what is in the “pipe line”
• Establishes the communication of schedules, calendars, and actionable plans that capture an Enterprise wide view of future demand from the business, IT Program Office and IT Change and Release Management
• Develops strategy and action plan for enterprise Welcome Season preparedness program, ensuring execution and validation of all tasks related to the preparation for peak season demand
• Ensuring that the IT Program Delivery approach are consistent, measurable and aligned with corporate standards and best practices
• Ensuring delivery of programs and projects are timely of high quality, within scope and within budget
• Managing teams of Project Managers, Business Analysts, technology professionals and performing HR responsibilities such as hiring and performance management Required Qualifications:
1. Deliver results in a global, fast-paced, highly complex, deadline-driven environment that requires ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. 2. Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals 3. Collaborate directly with internal clients at all levels and across the organization 4. Ability to detect and identify risk, collect and analyze data to establish mitigation recommendations/plans 5. Ability to prioritize, align, manage and track multiple initiatives and ensure resource allocations support the demand 6. Provide trusted consultancy to Sr. IT Leadership Preferred Qualifications:
1. Strong background in IT operations and infrastructure strategic planning 2. Background in IT Program management and execution. 3. Experience in driving organizational change taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities 4. Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying them in the resolution of IT Operational, IT Project and Change/Release Management issues 5. Exceptional attention to detail 6. Excellent written and oral communication skills 7. Expert collaboration and partnership capabilities 8. Ability to align multiple groups with divergent objectives and priorities toward a common goal 9. Effectively operates in large, technically complex, fast paced, global organization 10. Experience with one or more improvement methodologies such as ITIL 11. Develops trust with exceptional relationship building up, down and across the organization 12. Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards Education:
1. Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of broad IS/IT experience within large complex environments 2. Minimum of 5 years of IT Program level management within a large, global corporation 3. Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and manage large-scale operational and technical project implementations from start to finish 4. Experience using wide variety of program and project management tools and techniques 5. Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts 6. Strong technical and analytical skills 7. Knowledge of systems management tools, hardware components, database management systems and network infrastructure 8. Experience with planning, preparing and submitting operational budgets and proposals 9. Knowledge of data centers, IT Infrastructure and build out processes 10. Bachelor’s Degree Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.